BootsnAll Travel Network



Final Interviews

Today we interviewed for the last time this term. We had about 13 people meet us at Ambassador Hotel at 12:30 pm. A lot of people came really early since there might be a curfew imposed at any time today, so we had a few early birds show up.

Rob and I interviewed people separately. We sat in the hotel’s restaurant garden, asking the same questions, “So, why are you interested in being a Himalayan Healer.”

Most of the candidates (all male, except for one female) were able to answer and understand what our training is about. They all are very sincere, and very interested in learning. A couple of people need to improve their English skills. One guy, I had to stop because he couldn’t speak any English. I asked him in Nepali the first question, then I wanted him to answer in English, which was hard for him.

Afterwards, Rob and I went over the applications, and it’s a tough decision, since most of the candidates interest and sincerity is there…however some people know English better than the rest. We are going with who we have one degree of separation, because we know they will be accountable and trustworthy to repay the loan, and by English speaking skills.

Rob also got permission to add two more people to the class, instead of picking 10, we might pick 2 more. Sadly though, we have no other female candidates.

We have a couple of candidates whose English are weak, or no English at all, but we know that their English will improve because they have family member who speak English very well, in fact they used to teach Peace Corps volunteers Nepali.

We’ve got a good batch to choose from, and those, that aren’t picked, won’t be picked because of their weak Englsih speaking skills. We will tell them to work on their English skills, and come May, if they are ready, we’ll enroll them into the program.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *