BootsnAll Travel Network



..Answer to Where is the Bathroom & More Picktchers

….As promised, here is the bathroom set-up. For whatever reason, maybe to the booming household, the houses were made traditionally, with bathrooms separate from the dwelling. Maybe he didn’t want to buid a modern style house like you see in other countries. I don’t know. But everything is separate, the kitchen, family rooms, bathrooms.

Here’s the garden, taken from Ajey’s balcony, from the top floor. All the way to the right of the photo, is a bathroom.
_DSCF0008.JPG

Here’s the inside of the bathroom, the digital camera doesn’t have a wide zoom and it’s awkward to shoot inside the whole bathroom the way it’s set up.bathroom2.jpg

A broken washing machine sit’s in the corner. My three Auntie’s do the wash by hand, and use the washing machine, which I think is broken, for spinning and rinsing. The shower and sink are on the opposite side of the toilet and washer.

We have 3 bathrooms, one is traditional asian, SKWAT style. I use that only if the other’s are occupied. It really smells like raw sewage in their. I don’t know why, plus there is no light. It’s like a dark closet with a stinky hole in the ground.

Kathmandu is densley packed with people, buildings, cars, rickshaws, auto rickshaws, stray animals, dirt, grime and trash.

In my lifetime, Kathmandu has transformed into an agrarian valley, to a sprawling city, bursting at it’s seams. Especially due to the Maoist movement, a rebel group, that has a chokehold in this country, infusing violence with selfish demogagy. It’s easy to intellectualize this bloody civil war, which isn’t really called a civil war by the monarchists. It’s an unofficial government, that the King really doesn’t care about, as long as he and the leaders of the Maoist get there cut. He’s probably paying this civil war, funneling money from one of the 40,000 non-profits that exist in Nepal.

Anyway, I digress, sorry. I have been sending light to the King and his family, and to the Maoists. It was interesting sending love to the whole country, I felt a pain in my heart, I could feel the anguish and pain of the land and people, I had to lie down while I sending that love. And then it dissapated and I could feel the surge going through me and how badly this country needs self-love.

He’s a picture of our crowded neighborhood, from inside our compound. Just a generic word, but I don’t know how else to describe it. bakerysideneighbor.jpg

I’ll add more photos as the BNA server allows.

_DSCF0008.JPG



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *