BootsnAll Travel Network



The Hawaii of the East

So, I as I’ve mentioned I am heading to South East Asia. I was considering going through China to Vietnam. The usual route involves a multiple day train trip straight into Vietnam. I was thinking of being creative. Since I have been meaning to check out Hong Kong and Macau I wanted to include them to. So what I was thinking is to take the overnight train to HK, then dip down to Macau. Here is where I found a nice surprise in the shape of what is commonly referred to as the Hawaii of the (far) East. Hainan island hainan is known for its miles of white sandy beaches, great scuba diving, and lush tropical rain forest. Sounds great right. But I bet you’re thinking its probably not as good as Hawaii though. Well that is where scientific testing comes into play. Let me break down the two for you on a number of important factors.

Price: Unlike taking a vacation in Holualoa , which costs an arm and a leg (as a sidenote, just for fun I always tell my students that an arm and a leg is a very important commonly used phrase and implore them to use it, they sound funny saying it), so anyways Hainin is still for the most part relatively inexpensive.
Edge: Hainan

Adjectives used to describe surrounding sea:
This is an important one people. I need to be sold. The Hainan island is surrounded by what one reputable source calls legendary South China Sea . Now legendary isn’t a word to be tossed around too lightly. I’m not even sure Hawaii can compete. Pacific Ocean come on. been there, done that.
Edge: Hainan

Possibility of celebrity sighting: Hainan is still unknown to the majority of Hollywood celebrity’s. Hawaii on the other hand is a magnet for celebrities . Thus if you are in Hawaii you will see a celebrity. Thats what magnets do. They attract things. In case you were wondering, this is a good thing.
Edge: Hawaii

In conclusion Hainan soundly defeats Hawaii by a score of 2-1. Legendary.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *