BootsnAll Travel Network



Beaches of northern Peru, the Galapagos Island, the middle of the world, and the end of our trip

After 1 day and night in Pariacoto we continued north in Peru, stopped a few days at the surf beach town of Mancora, and then took a bus to Guayaquil to spend the last few weeks of our trip in Ecuador the 29th country of our trip.

Our main reason for going to Ecuador was to visit the Galapagos Islands and two weeks there more than lived up to the expectations. There really isn’t anything like it we’ve experienced anything in the world. There are so many fascinating and colorful birds and animals on land, in the air, and in the water. The sea lions, especially the young ones, are incredibly playful and love having people in the ocean with them. We snorkeled through schools of reef sharks and even got within a few feet of a large hammerhead sharks on a mind-blowing scuba dive. And we were really fortunate to get booked on two great tour boats with other neat tourists. If you ever get the chance to visit the Galapagos Islands we highly recommend you do so, and do it soon in case it loses any of its uniqueness.

For our final stop, we spent a week in Quito and though we took half a day to see the colonial old town and another half day to visit the official “middle of the world” (with all sorts of fun science experiments you can do to prove it), for the most part we just spent our final days hanging out and reliving all the memorable experiences we were so fortunate to have had in the past year.

– Anthony



Tags:

Leave a Reply