BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome to Pairadise

Hello!

Hope that you’re all well, thanks for the emails, keep em coming!

Im now in northern Thailand having seen all the sights in Bangkok, including Patpong (thoroughly depressing) and a Thai Boxing match – wicked! I went with a girl from my hostel and we were the only women there!!I also saw Andy and Frank again which was cool. In fact I have met loads of Australians and have a heap of places to stay down under but haven’t really met any English people…

I made my way up to Chiang Mai on the night train which was full of farang. I didnt see any Thai faces which was a huge difference from my previous night train experience. Once at Chiang Mai however, I met the Thai couple who had travelled down to Surat Thani with me! Chiang Mai seems to have lots of boys wandering around aimlessly, talking about going to Laos, but never actually going… There’s heaps to do; I wandered into Laos via the Golden Triangle, went trekking in the mountains of Doi Ithanon (the pain has put me off my original goal of climbing Mount Kinabalu in Borneo…) and stayed with a hilltribe too in a bamboo hut. That was cool. They had no electricity and no showers; we had to wash in the river with the elephants (I can see your face now Mia, eeewwwwww!!). I went with a group of people and at night we sat around a huge camp fire swigging cognac (not me of course though, no!). It was so cold, I thought I was back home. I also went elephant riding (they are cool) and white water bamboo rafting (Andrew and David you would be so proud of me after our exploits on the River Wye). I also took a Thai cooking class, I so can cook a good Green Curry, mum and dad I’ll show you when I get back. I’ve been eating nothing but Thai food here, and heaps of fruit (Eliot, you’d love it). I was considering going to Burma but I really am running out of time, and Pai, where I am now is soooooo cool, I dont want to leave!!

Pai is a town about 4 hours bus ride north of Chiang Mai. Its just really chilled and you wont believe how laid back it is til you get here. I travelled up with 2 Americans from my hostel but have now hooked up with a crazy Argentinian (practising my Spanish!) who is also travelling alone and heads to Laos at the end of the week. Going to enjoy it here but not too much because I have an early flight out of Bangkok to Singapore on Friday, which is also my birthday – 27!!!!! – would be nice to hear from some of you then.

Thats it for now folks.
Farrah xxxx



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *