BootsnAll Travel Network



Florinanopolis

The town of Chui sits on the border between brazil and Uruguay, its a weird feeling to be able to cross a street to use a bank link and actually traverse cultures, languages and international boundaries. A strange strange town we stayed long enough to catch the bus to Porto Alegre and from there onwards to Flori.

Flori connects the mainland to an idyllic island of the east coast of brazil. We got a tip to stay in a hostel in lagoa de conceicaio from one of the people in punta del diablo. It took a little finding but when we did it was worth the wait. The hostel – Toucan house is easily one of the best I have seen. Alot of places can have impressive buildings or settings but to marry both with really great staff its truely something very very special. The guys at Toucan were great, couldn’t do enough for you with help that wasn’t motivated by squeezing a few more shillings out of you.

The place itself is a pure tourist attraction, you just need to walk down the street to see the number of surf shops, restaurants catering to all manner of international tastes etc etc. We happened upon flori when a major international surfing competition was taking place so that was an interesting diversion for a couple of hours on our first day. The beach was perfect for surfing and just sitting there watching the surf. Other days we walked along paths to viewing points, taking water taxis back with the kids coming back from school, eating as much seafood as we could lay our hands on and some days just spend lazing around expending as little energy that would be much better spent on a dancefloor.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *