BootsnAll Travel Network



18 Planes, 15 Trains, 29 Busses, 5 Ferries, 2 Sept Places, 3 Mini Busses, 2 Boats, 1 Camel…

That’s the grand total folks for what it took to get me around the world and back. So I’ve been home for just about a month now, and I’m finally getting to writing this sum up blog…wow, talk about a slacker. Props to those of you who actually read this, you’re awesome.

 In any case, I figured to sum things up, I should make a list of sorts, a la let’s go picks. So, here we go.

 Best Place to get Orange Juice for under 40 cents: Marrakech, Morroco, and it’s the best stuff you’ve ever tasted.

Most comfortable train ride: Bangkok to Chang Mai, Thailand.

Favorite Country on the Whole: Thailand. (But Spain will always have a special place in my heart.)

Best Hot Dog: Prague, Czech Republic

Best places to buy a million things for under a buck: Sunday night market, Chang Mai, Thailand.

Best place to freak out Emily by making her ride on a motor bike: Thailand!

Most Impressive Landscapes: New Zealand

Best place to drink sangria by the gallon in a stein: Las Ramblas, Barcelona, Spain.

Best Sangria: Toledo, Spain, Bar La Boveda

Coldest place for my feet: Fox Glacier, New Zealand

Favorite small town charm: Cesky Kromlov, Czech Republic

Best place to get harassed by slimy men: El Jadida, Morocco

Most amazing sunrise: Merzuga Dunes, Morocco

My favorite view: On the bluffs overlooking Toledo, Spain 

Favorite Tourist Site: Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Bangkok, Thailand 

Best Food Market: Djema el Fna, Central Medina Foodstalls, Marrakech, Morocco

Best place to eat the most amazing shrimp with your feet in sand overlooking the ocean: Ndor (sp?) Island, Senegal 

Best Wine: Eger, Hungary

Best place to spot a mullet: Spain! It’s all about the fashion.

That’s all I can come up with for now. On a whole, this trip was the experience of a lifetime, and to date one of the most incredible things I’ve had the opportunity to do. I already feel like planning my next trip…on the list: Southeast Asia or South and Central America. And if I get my way, much more of Africa. Travel is something that has become a huge part of my heart and soul and has helped me figure out the person I am today. The people I have met and the incredible landscapes I have seen, from towering mountain tops and frozen glaciers to endless deserts and tropical beaches, never cease to inspire me. 

A special thanks to Em for her endless patience with my indecisiveness and for being the best travel buddy a girl could ask for. You will always be my travel B.F.F.!! And another thanks to Alex for joining our little journey, all my love, thank you for always making me smile.

 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain

“Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” — Frank Herber

Persue your daydreams.



Tags:

3 responses to “18 Planes, 15 Trains, 29 Busses, 5 Ferries, 2 Sept Places, 3 Mini Busses, 2 Boats, 1 Camel…”

  1. Erin says:

    yay! you finally posted! 🙂 Now I just need to see all the pictures.

  2. Sher says:

    Planes, Trains, Buses, Ferries, Boats & the Camel.

    I can’t wait to hear the whole story and see the photo’s. What did the trip cost you?

    I planing my month trip through Thailand. Please forward any tips or plances to see or what to skip.

    My several trip through Asia I have a few more mode of transportation to add to the list.
    Moped,/Scooter Sea Plane, Pedi Cab, Car, Micro-Taxi,Jet Ski, Paddle Boat, Tranport Ship, Limo Helicopter & a Donkey painted like a zebra
    I look forward to your story.
    Good luck When the next trip.

    All the modes of world travel that are part of the Grand Adventure

  3. mark says:

    I just discovered and read this whole blog, on a bored work day! What an amazing trip and incredibly inspirational of course. I have been to a lot of the same places you have, and thoroughly enjoyed your comments. Any plans for the future!

    Well done, I wish there were PICS!

    Mark

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *