The call the southernmost territory of Patagonia Tierra del Fuego (Land of the Fire). Someone obviously got something mixed up somewhere – Tierra del Viento (Land of the Wind) would be much more appropriate! Highlights from the bike trip so far:
• Tourists taking photos of US because we look so funny.
• Getting blown off the bike and into the ditch by the wind.
• Having to push our bikes for 20km along the road, including DOWNHILL against the wind.
• Drinking green swamp water.
• Sleeping in the table drain next to the road for 3 hours.
• Eating, eating and eating more.
• Seeing pink flamingos, getting stared down by guanacos and riding parallel to dolphins for a few kms on a beautiful windless day.