BootsnAll Travel Network



Yoga in Ubud – how very Eat, Pray, Love.

ommm

Thanks to the Oprah book-effect, many of you have probably read Eat, Pray, Love, the story of an American woman traveling for a year hoping to find and re-invent herself. Her travels take her to Italy, India and Indonesia. The Love part of the book takes place in Ubud, the hillside arts and cultural capital of Bali. While the book did put Ubud on the map for many, it’s still a quaint artsy community – though of course they’ve just finished shooting the movie version of the book with Julia Roberts as the main character, so it’s anyone’s guess as to how this place will develop over the next few years.

To immerse ourselves in life here,  we’ve signed up for a 6 day yoga retreat – complete with daily spa treatments, 3.5 hours of meditation and yoga per day, rituals to help balance the mind, body and spirit, organic and raw food and the infamous 24 hours of silence.

It’s anyone’s guess as to how we’ll survive – having only a few classes of yoga behind us and an acquired taste for pizza and Bintang (the local beer).

Wish us luck!

bali-yoga-255.jpg



Tags: ,

One Response to “Yoga in Ubud – how very Eat, Pray, Love.”

  1. pichemelanie Says:

    We went to One World Retreats and loved it.
    http://www.oneworldretreats.com/

Leave a Reply