BootsnAll Travel Network



Uno, Dos, Tres…

Mel Studying Hard…and then it gets really, really hard. I am taking Spanish classes this week in beautiful Manuel Antonio, while Brendan “works” (more on that later). It’s funny how challenging it has suddenly become to count past 10, recite the alphabet or tell time. Not really sure how practical my new vocabulary is – but Rosa-Maria, if you want to discuss fruits, activities, food and occupations when I’m back in Toronto, then I’m your girl.

My classes are in open-air cabinas, great for learning, except, of course, when a troop of Titi monkeys decides to take over the area. Titi monkeys, a.k.a. squirrel monkeys, are pretty much the cutest things on earth. They stand 8-12 inches tall and travel in groups of up to 40. Titi monkeys are endangered, so having the chance to see them is pretty spectacular.  To those of you who were worried this trip might make me want to quit my job, I’d be lying if I said part of me doesn’t want to give it all up to save the Titi monkeys. Or at least get a chance to hug them.

Brendan and I are also taking private merengue and salsa classes. It’s all very Dancing with the Stars – daily, intense instruction, with tons of practice in the evenings. We’re probably more Jerry Springer or Cliff Claven then we are Emmitt Smith or that hot Apollo dude, but we will have some new moves to show off at Mel and Chris’ wedding.

And now, a word about Brendan and his ‘work’ – see illustration of him hard at work in his office, below. I’m pleased to report that he’s completed reading his self-help book, The 4-Hour Workweek (that’s a real book by the way, by Tim Ferris). By carefully applying the methods described in the book, Brendan has successfully increased his work hours, by up to 100%. He’s almost reached the critical goal of 4 hours per week.

Hasta luego….

Clase de espanol Wildlife in Manuel Antonio The 4-Hour Workweek



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply