BootsnAll Travel Network



The Final Score

Santorini Sunset

As avid Brel Chronicles readers, you probably already know that Mel had surgery 2 weeks ago in Athens. Well things have not gone as planned, and we’ve been dealing with some serious post-surgery complications in Santorini, with daily doctor visits and a lot of drugs. Unfortunately, the prognosis, while good, will require months of rest and recovery.

While Greece and the rest of Europe are beautiful places to visit, it’s tough to recover without the support of friends and family and the comfort of home. And while Nurse Powell has been amazing, he probably wouldn’t mind some help from the Canadian medical system.

And so we have made the extremely difficult decision to end our trip and return to Canada.

This journey has been incredible: we’ve seen great places, met wonderful people and experienced life to the fullest. And yes, we found the perfect beach, drank great espresso and consumed our body weights in wine.

Who knew that the Brel match wasn’t really Vacation vs. Travel. It was Life vs. Travel, and in the end, they became the same thing.

Final Score:

Life: 1 Travel: 1



Tags:

One Response to “The Final Score”

  1. Jan Krasnesky Says:

    I am sorry to read that you have to end your journey. I hope Mel recovers quickly and everything turns out good. It was great to meet you both in Belize. It seems like so long ago now. It is hard to believe it was only 6 months. If you are ever in the Chicago area look us up.

    Jan

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply