BootsnAll Travel Network



Mel’s New ‘Do (and a pic of her wicked new boots)

The End Result 

Buenos Aires is a vain city by any standards: 1 in 10 women have an eating disorder; 1 in 30 people (that’s people, not women) have had plastic surgery; stylishly dressed and perfectly preened people are everywhere. 

It should come as no surprise then, that within days of arriving here, Mel decided it was time for a radical change  – time to cut the long hair she’s been painfully growing out for the last 2 years.

 Lessons learned at an Argentina salon:

  1. It takes guts to ask for short blond hair in a country where dark, long hair is the norm. There are only 5 blond shades to choose from. And no pictures of short hair in ANY of the magazines.
  2. It helps to speak Spanish. While she likes the end result, the bangs were not intentional.
  3. Cut and color at a high end Palermo salon – $35 US. Equivalent at Mel’s salon in Toronto: $250.

 All in all, we’re pleased with the results. Though of course, we’ll miss the pig tails which had become Mel’s signature look. 

And so, we’re acclimatizing to the vanity here – we’ve even joined a gym. We’ll report our progress at the end of the month – unless of course, we opt for beef and wine instead of spinning and pilates, which is very possible.

Mel’s New Friends



Tags: ,

One Response to “Mel’s New ‘Do (and a pic of her wicked new boots)”

  1. Richard Says:

    Mel vain???? Say it isn’t so, however as Daddy says she has good reason to be vain!

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply