BootsnAll Travel Network



Lessons learned on the road…Volume Two, Mon…

1. New underwear manoeuvre: Anticipation
This strategy involves a pre-emptive strike: the application of any of the aforementioned underwear extension manoeuvres (continuation, double-dipping, inside-out and commando) in anticipation of the potential unavailability of laundry services.
2. The resident gecko issued with every hotel room in the tropics is highly preferable to the giant, resident cockroach.
3. It is best to shield Mel from said giant, resident cockroach.
4. Moving from a $600 a night hotel to a $40 a night hotel sucks. King size bed to a single: sucks even more.
5. Two dollars US can actually buy an entire half-pound of bacon for breakfast. Bacon lovers unite!
6. Belize is the hot sauce capital of the world. Easier going in than coming out, even for Brendan.
7. Bug spray, Benadryl and Caladryl can actually be your best friends. That is if you actually want to step outside and have a bridesmaid’s dress to wear in less than a week.
8. Tracking scarlet macaws requires lots of uphill hiking and 5 a.m. wake-ups. This was not clearly outlined in the brochure.
9. The fact that Belize’s national language is English, does not necessarily mean communication will be any easier. Strangely, there were no classes offered in the Creole/Garifuna/Mayan/English language.
10. Brendan is actually capable of focusing on work while sitting on a hammock on a dock –albeit for very short bursts of time.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply