BootsnAll Travel Network



Important Brazilian Stuff-brought to you by the letter C

Where the cachaca fun begins… 

Cachaca – Ever indulged in a caipirinha? Well it ain’t a capairinha without cachaca. Brazil’s answer to rum, cachaca is a sugar-cane liquor that basically goes down like burning gasoline – even when flavoured with lovely fruits or dulce de leche.

 Capoeira – Brazil’s national sport, capoeira is a cross between martial arts and dance – picture Bruce Lee breakdancing. With a long-winded history that Brendan would be more than happy to tell you about, all you really need to know is that the hot Brazilian men who practice it are mighty fine. Of course, our fearless Brendan had to give it a go – see pic below. 

Churasco – Beef. Chicken. Pork. Sausage. Repeat. Churasco is a style of dining whereby an enormous rotisserie bbq, lined with 4 foot skewers of meat, tries desperately to keep up with hungry patrons. An army of black-tied waiters run frantically around the restaurant slicing off giant hunks of meat directly onto your plate. The gorging begins when each patron’s personal signal disk is turned so that a green side faces up. This triggers something akin to the start of a drag race, complete with clouds of smoke and screaming crowds. The only way to stop the constant flow of flesh and signal that your colon is indeed full is by turning over the disk, red side up. And even then, eager waiters waive swords of chicken hearts at you, all the same.

Ready, set, go!Capoeira - as it should be doneCapoeira - the Brendan way



Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Important Brazilian Stuff-brought to you by the letter C”

  1. Cachaca Dave Says:

    Dear Brendan and Mel,

    Thanks for the comment that a caipirinha is not a caipirinha without cachaca, unfortunately it is a common misconception that all cachaca “goes down like burning gasoline”. Please consider trying a different brand. Such a generalization is just a tad unfair to the many fine brands of high quality (and smooth) cachacas for sale in Brazil and in the US.

    Best Regards,

    Cachaca Dave
    Fazenda Mae De Ouro

  2. pichemelanie Says:

    Hi Dave…our blog is a humorous attempt at chronicling out trip…not meant to help or hurt the cachaca business. That having been said, just like tequila, you’re right, there are some good cachacas out there, and we were lucky enough to sample some fine, smooth cachaca…but that post wouldn’t have been nearly as funny for our friends to read…

Leave a Reply