BootsnAll Travel Network



BREAKING NEWS! BREL to Apply for the Ultimate Job in Ireland – Honeymoon Testing!

 

Cheers

If you’ve been following our blog, then you know that we’ve been training for this job for years. Essentially, the job (sponsored by the Irish Times and RunawayBrideandGroom.com) involves testing luxury resorts around the world and reporting back to engaged couples everywhere. Kenya, Zanzibar, Thailand, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, and of course Ireland, Hawaii and more. Spa treatments, private butlers, gourmet meals and more. Gruelling work, but hey, someone needs to do it.

Our video submission is almost ready – and we’ll be seeking your votes on April 6th. In the meantime….

Top 10 Reasons We Are The Ultimate Couple for the Ultimate Job

1. We’ve travelled to 59 countries and haven’t killed each other yet. If you haven’t lived out of a backpack for months on end, you may not realize how hard that is. Or how obnoxious your other half is.  But we’re OK with it – and each other.

2. We can write! Brendan is a travel writer (articles for Destinations Magazine, copy for budget and luxury tour companies and the Global Nomad blog). And Mel, of course, is the primary voice of this blog, the Brel Chronicles.

3. We got married 6 months ago and know all about planning weddings. In fact, we planned 14 Destination weddings (in a pub in Ireland, on a beach in Costa Rica, on a sailboat in Bermuda, over tacos in Mexico, in Hawaii, on a mountain in Bali, in Montreal, on the slopes of Whistler….) In the end, we got married in Toronto. Don’t ask. Apparently the people who raised you get a say in your wedding. But it was a memorable wedding.

4. We know how to honeymoon! In addition to years of honeymoon rehearsals in Central and South America, we’ve taken official honeymoons in St Maarten, Anguilla, Japan and Bali. In fact, we’ve spent 1/3 of our married life to date on the road.

5. We can travel on short notice – we’ve run away from our lives before and we can do it again. Anyone want to dog-sit?

6. Brendan has an internal compass like no other – probably gained from years of working as a Tour Guide in the Americas, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.

7. We’re fun. Seriously. Don’t just take our opinion about it. We were once called “the funnest couple ever” – by a fellow traveller we met in Turkey.

8. We know luxury. We’ve slept in Mel Gibson’s bed. Got engaged at the same place where where Courtney Cox got married. Honeymooned in the villa next to Penelope Cruz. And we know what a $1,500 a night villa with a private butler should be like.

9. Brendan will eat anything. Mel will not. This is surprisingly fun to read about.

10. We like to live life from the sublime to the ridiculous (and everything in between). We know $800 bottles of wine. And sadly, we’re well acquainted with the $1 bottle of wine. Each has a time and place. And we want to be in both.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply