BootsnAll Travel Network



Eight Pictures

Click on the images to see them bigger:

I did no editing at all to this, the sky looked like that. That’s why I took the picture.
Georgetown on Penang Island, Malaysia

Again, I did no editing at all to this picture. My hand, foot and juggle-ball looked like that. That’s why I took the picture. I have a whole series of these, if you would like to see them all in a future post, please vote in the comments. Vote yes or no, after a couple of weeks I will tally the votes, then either post them or not. But if I am taking the teaching course, I may have to wait until that is over, because it is supposed to be very intensive.
????????????

The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. When you go up, they only let you go to the bridge inbetween the towers, which is still quite high. I never made it up, however, because I never woke up early enough. It is free, but you must get there early as they only allow a finite number of folks up.
The second tallest buildings in the world, depending on who you ask.

A corner in Kota Bharu, Malaysia. Kota Bharu is in the extreem northeast corner of Peninsular Malaysia. Pretty much every single female on the east coast wears some kind of covering like that, but I saw none wearing the full covering, which includes the face.
Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun

June (left) and her friend Erika. Erika is not a friend from Thailand. June met her at college in Sarasota, Florida USA. She is from Japan, but lives in NYC. She visited June (and another friend from Japan who lives in Bangkok) for a week, and is now in Tokyo with her family before she starts her new life and career as an Architect in NYC.
June and Erika

June (foreground) and Erika praying to Buddha at the temple at the Grand Palace in Bangkok.
Praying to Buddha

This is an actual snake oil salesman in action in Kota Bharu, Malaysia. Unlike the first two pictures, I did a lot of editing on this one, but you probably figured that out. The orange blob on the table is the jars of the snake oil he was peddling, next to them are some kind of sugar pills he was also pushing. People bought this stuff too. P.T. Barnum was right.
There's a sucker born every minute

I took this one at Ao Nang, in Krabi, Thailand. I wanted to include it in the pictures I posted from there. Remember the one with the monkeys? But I had it on DPChallnge in the framing challege, and it was in the voting stage at the time, so I couldn’t include it. Here it is now.
I saw this exact same picture on one of the sites for a TESL couse in Krabi, but this one is mine.

I wish I took more pictures in Malaysia, because it was a beautiful country, but the electric outlets are different there so I couldn’t charge my camera battery. I especially wish I took more pictures at Pulau Perhentian (Perhentian Island). I took a few, but nothing any good. It was a magnificent island in the northeast corner of peninsular Malaysia. The water was the most clear I have ever seen in my life. But on my first full day on the island, I went exploring. The combination of the sun and the crystal clear water (reflecting the sun) provided a double dose of sun to my body. I wore sunblock and did not get burned, but the next day I had a fever of 101. Too much sun. The next day I relaxed and recovered, then on the following day I left. So I didn’t get a chance to go snorkling, and I was even considering getting a scuba license. It would have been expensive, but it would have been cool. It’s possible I could go back and try again.

Don’t forget to vote on the hand foot juggle-ball photos.



Tags: , , , , , ,

4 responses to “Eight Pictures”

  1. Alan says:

    Man,

    My vote is Yes. It’s an interesting pic and I’d like to see more.

    The other pictures are great also. It certainly looks beautiful over there. Keep them coming!

    C’ya

  2. Stephen says:

    keep your feet out of my reading.

    I have gone back to school to get a Psychology degree – I plan on graduating with high honors writing about you.

  3. admin says:

    So far that’s 1 yes and 1 no. I need more votes, but that might be a problem since after the post has been up for a few days it gets significantly less readers. In fact, no one will probably even read this comment. So what do I do in case of a tie? Hmmm.

  4. Hannah says:

    Hi,

    I think you should definetly post more like that.
    I been following your blog for quite a few month now and your pictures are always good to see.

    Thank you (“,)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *