Things that I have learned over the past few months in Asia!
10. No matter how fit I am, there’s not enough oxygen at 10,000 ft.
9. Roosters don’t only crow at dawn…they go all night – like dualing banjos. While staying at a homestay in Thailand the damn things kept me awake all night…next time I remember to bring earplugs!
8. It is possible to hunt for rat with a gun…you just have to be a good shot.
7. There are special Tourist police in Thailand. They record your where-abouts and what tour companies you are using. Before going trekking we had to check in with them and let them know where we were going and for how long.
6. It is possible to get tired of rice.
5. I’m still not a morning person even if I get 8 hrs of sleep. It’s just not in my genes.
4. You actually get used to having a shower head over your toilet – just remember to remove the TP from the bathroom as the whole bathroom becomes your shower.
3. It’s still possible to snap photos when you can’t feel your fingers…see Mt. Kinabalu post…brrr!
2. Asian desserts leave something to be desired….I miss gooey chocolate cake!!!!
1. American Idol is EVERYWHERE. I was at 10,000 ft. on Mt. Kinabalu and they barely had heat – but American Idol was on the lodge tv…of course I pulled up a chair and watched!