BootsnAll Travel Network



SEGWAYS ARE AWSOME

me mum and i….hopped on 2 segways which are the 2 wheeled things you stand up on. They are awesome!… like the coolest thing ever………..ever……..at first it sorta sucked cause the 1 my mom had could go 20 miles per hour and mine went 6….  then i thought of  switching mine out for another 1. yay….but the place said my moms was off the turtle mode that made it go slow…so now we had two 6 mph segways. booooooo…. then i figured out how to take off the turtle mode! and then we cruised at 20 mph! it was the bomb! if any of you ever have the chance to ride a segway DO IT….ITS SO FUN AND EASY…..we rode on our segways for a while around florence and we really enjoyed  it. At the end of our segwaying we explored florence again and it is still just as  cool.  love you all and miss you all. tomorrow we head for croatia. its somewhere near greece? thats all i got on the place. we are going in blind but o well its gonna be fun.



Tags:

4 responses to “SEGWAYS ARE AWSOME”

  1. Uncle Stephen says:

    Sounds like fun! Did you do a guided tour sort of thing, or did you just get to have the Segways for a certain amount of time?

  2. Greg from London says:

    This sounds way cool. You must teach me the secret to unlocking the turtle mode. Have a great time on your next adventure.

  3. Ldydyl says:

    Did you think they were worth the price? My husband and I looked at them in Rome and decided they were just too expensive for the amount of time you could get them.

  4. Laura says:

    The trick is to find a place that lets you rent them by yourself, without a tour guide, then the price drops significantly. We payed €30 for 2 hours each (€60 total). I think Rome would be a terrific place to tour on Segways! Via dei Fori Imperiali is sometimes closed to cars, so that would be a good time to go, as you could easily cruise alongside the Colosseo, Forum, Trajan’s Column, etc, and wrap around Palatine Hill and Circus Maximus. Alternatively, (and maybe preferably) you could go around Piazza de Popolo (a gorgeous large piazza) then down Via del Corso, which is pedestrian only! That’s near the Spanish Stairs, and from there you can take the pretty back streets over to the area around the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.

    (Incidentally, if you go on foot to the area around the Pantheon, I suggest lunch at Maccheroni and gelato at San Crispino)

    I hope that was helpful! I think if you can find a place that rents them sans guide, you should go for it! It was fun and memorable.

    P.S. If you find yourself craving some English, the movie theatre on Via del Corso, just a few feet south of Piazza Popolo, plays American movies in their original language. Have fun!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *