BootsnAll Travel Network



Live from Firenze! It’s Thursday night!

Hi everybody!

We are still in Firenze, aka Florence. Its been a fun, busy day! We spent most of the afternoon in the Uffizi, one of the best art museums in the whole wide world. We saw many masterpieces, including one of my all time faves – Birth of Venus. Also, there was a special exhibition which included several paintings by Artemesia, which was a dream come true for me b/c I’ve always wanted to see some of her work in person. After a museum full of work by men, it was refreshing to see her creations, especially the one where two pissed off women were beheading a guy. Hamsa and I wondered what he’d done to get them so upset!

And I bought some paper. You know how I LOVE paper.

I found an internet joint with headphones, so I’m jammin out to the Dead whilst typing to you. Fire on the mountain – awesome song!

I was gonna load some pics, but I forgot to reformat them smaller, so that’ll have to wait.

You know, we’ve been here for 5 days, and we’ll be here 4 more. But I could use another month here, its so endlessly beautiful. And there is gelato, like, everywhere!

When I’m back in the States, if any of you want to come over here, just let me know, and I’ll come with you! There is pizza, pasta, sexy Italian men, gelato, top-notch shopping, SHOES!, sexy Italian men, more shoes, and oh yeah GELATO! So, yeah, I’m game for a return trip anytime.

Oh, I stumbled upon a shop/museum of an artist jeweler musician man – Alessandro Dari. I love him. He has inspired me; he was so good it made me cry. I spent forever perusing, studying, admiring his creations, meanwhile he was in his studio in the back room making yet another masterpiece. After a while he came out and starting playing this beautiful song on his guitar. I want to marry him.

The family arrives tomorrow for Stephen and Joyce’s wedding. Our little party of 2 will become a party of 9 for a while. Should be interesting. It’ll be nice to have some gals around for shopping! Hamsa is no help in that department. “Hamsa, do you think these shoes will look good with my dress?” “Uh, sure. I mean ‘no’. I don’t know. Ask someone else.” I actually told the saleslady I would return tomorrow with my mama. She understood completely.

I’m getting hungry, so I guess we better go find a restaurant. Hmmmm, what shall we eat tonight? Maybe some delectable Italian food? Then we’ll gaze at the Duomo for a while. Its a lovely, lovely thing.

Oh, here’s my super secret hint – in the Ludwig quiz down below, try to read the names on the column behind Ludwig. The were the king and queen who sent you-know-who to the Americas! Also, there is an artform you see over here, where people dress up with costumes and body paint and then don’t move, like a statue. They’re sometimes called

(and here is where i interrupt after i was checking my blog (this is hamsa) she told you the answer but i erased it hahahaha! nice try! but there is no cheating. anyone who cheats does not get the MOTHER OF PEARL , WHICH IS THE GRAND PRIZE) i found a shell that is made by the same material as a pearl and i found it on the beach at the end of our camino and it was 2 inches big and intact imagine a shell made of a pearl… that is the grand prize… ok i am done back to my moms post after this row of dots)……………

 (Dont tell Hamsa I told you!)

Bye everybody!



Tags: ,

4 responses to “Live from Firenze! It’s Thursday night!”

  1. Adell says:

    enjoy the wedding and gazing at the italtian men and shoe shopping and eating delicious food oh, just have fun!!

  2. Adell says:

    Merry Summer Solstice to both of you!

  3. Joshua says:

    Hi guys, sorry i have not posted a comment in a while (a while meaning the day after you left). Just wanted to say hi and that my mom and I are doing fine. I wish I could be there with you. Have fun and we miss you guys. By the way how is the diabolo coming along?

  4. Maria Maria Sangria says:

    Hi Tumbleweed… It’s me Maria Maria Sangria, Dawn and Jennifer… We miss ya’ll so much… Have you proposed to the guy that’s the jeweler and guitar player yet ??? I knew this would happen!!! I warned you…
    How was the wedding???????? how is the time with your family there?????? Hazel misses your postcards.
    Kay went to heaven to be with her beloved husband on Wed. June 30th, passing into the other dimension with relative ease, going out on a breath with both Carol and I on either side of her. Not bad long life, short passing. we knew she was getting ready as she stoppped all food and liquids 5 days before.
    we love you both very much. Dawn, Maria and Jennifer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *