BootsnAll Travel Network



Blonde Moment

Hi, everybody! First off: I had a blonde moment. I sent some emails with news about the photo album my friend Gregg had put together. Then I forgot to put the link in all but one of those emails! Ooopsy. So if you’re here looking for the album, I do apologize for my “doh!” maneuver.

Here’s the URL for you to cut and paste

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=51ef842eb373be03&sid=0QZMWrNwzaM3Tw

Hope you enjoy it. If not, blame Gregg!

(just kidding, Gregg)

Well, we made it to the boat today! Yay! I went on an excursion! And it was quite lovely. I didn’t make it to the castles, though. If you ever might go to Krka National Park in Croatia, read on. Otherwise, skip the next paragraph!

If you want to take the #3 boat trip up to the castles and old monastery, you have to drive to Roski Slap, park, and walk up the trail to the little info hut and book the trip there. Apparently only a few people do the #3 excursion each day. Well, it aint easy to arrange! If you want to take the #1 or #2 boat trip, you just go into the main park entrance at Skradinski Buk, and walk up the trail to the far end and buy the tickets just past the last stand. I was told that you could ride the #2 boat to Roski Slap, and book the #3 boat there, but that is not actually true. You see, when you buy a ticket on any of the boat rides, it is for the round trip, and you have to stick with the same boat the whole trip. I had hoped to hop off my #2, grab the #3 for the afternoon, and then catch the last #2 out of Roski Slap, but they dont let you do that. So if its castles you want to see, get a ride to Roski Slap and book it there! Also, the boat trips sell out fairly quickly, so get your tickets as early in the morning as you can! One last thing, I highly recommend staying in Skradin while exploring the area. It is a delightful little town with good views, markets, a few good restaurants, a nice swimming hole, little museum, very friendly people, and good internet spot. Our sobe is Zura, and I give her 5 stars! And you’ll never lost track of time with the handsome clock tower ringing off every hour and half hour.

Okay, back to blogging for all you folks not traveling in Croatia! We rode Boat Excusion #2, a 2 1/2 hour trip through the river lands and lakes, with a half hour stop at a year 1445 monastery on a lone island. It was a peaceful, beautiful trip. We were really lucky, too, because we were in the back of the line to board, and by the time we got on, there were no more seats. So, we got to sit up front on the (?) all by ourselves and we had the golden ticket view! It was as if we had chartered our very own private yacht to show us the sights at our leisure. I took pictures and ate grapes.

Once more, I must recommend to you all to visit Croatia. It is wonderful here.

I’m off to explore the town some more. I must find chocolate. Ciao!



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *