BootsnAll Travel Network



Saturday

So by saturday i was absolutely exhausted. Still, Paul and I went to this place a little ways north, called Danshui, where the river meets the sea. It’s got a nice boardwalk with lots of food stalls and vendors of everything imaginable.

Danshui

Including lots of grilled squid.

Squid

And here’s proof i ate–and actually enjoyed–it.

 mmm squid

I don’t, however, know if I’ll try what’s really a market delicasy…stinky tofu. Basically fermented tofu that smells putried, like rotting garbage, but apparently only tastes half as bad. The Taiwanese love it.

Then we had lunch, which sucked, so we gave in and went to mcdonalds for mcnuggets. Here, Ronald is consoling me in my quest for familiar food.

Cry

Later, we went out with some folks to a jazz club, and then back to the hostel to drink. Below are Michelle, from Australia, and Paul, and behind them are Jurjan and Troy , from The Netherlands.

Group

Later we met up with a couple Canadians, a Singaporean and a Japanese man. Lots of fun. And in a few hours, I’ll be bound for Bangkok!



Tags:

2 Responses to “Saturday”

  1. Bogard Says:

    Dude! You said you’d go the whole time without McDonalds…. you’re disappointing me!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Kizer Says:

    And I thought we were going on a McDonalds withdraw… Tisk tisk! Oh well, sometimes you just need the golden arches to get by.

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply