BootsnAll Travel Network



Entertainment catch-up

Oh my god – my engaged friend has an engagement website. That’s so hipster – I – I don’t even know.

Power Outages In San Francisco Bring Down Major Websites. Haha – SF is the center of the world. (Best part: “The funny thing is that The Onion predicted all of this a couple of weeks ago.”)

Someone posted the whole Betcha by Garbage online.

Matthew Goode is Ozymandias in Watchmen: “This is in addition to Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach, Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan, Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl, and Malin Ackerman as Silk Spectre.” – Cleolinda
More on the watchmen casting. My thoughts; I love Billy Crudup, and if he’s talented enough to play the elephant man without make-up, he can do Dr. Manhattan, but… will it be him all blued up? Or a different body? Haley’s been certain for a bit and seems like a good choice. Goode looks right for Ozymandias, although I know nothing about him. Love Patrick Wilson, so awesome (he’s another that’s been set for a bit). And I really like Jeffery Dean Morgan and I’m thrilled he’s in a worthier project than Grey’s Anatomy. I wouldn’t have thought of him for the comedian, but I can kind of see it.

And more. Some good thoughts on the age of the actors.

I like this from popwatch: “CSI: Miami is already the most ridiculous show on TV (that’s not officially labeled as a sitcom, anyway), so the news that the show’s producers are bringing Rory Cochrane’s Det. Tim Speedle back from the dead (after three years!) doesn’t strike me as remotely out of the ordinary. (In the interest of full disclosure, I stopped watching the show back in ’06, after David Caruso’s Horatio went all vigilante on a trip to Rio de Janeiro, a city which the series would have us believe has no law-enforcement officers of its own.) Anyhow, now the question becomes, just how exactly will Speedle get resurrected? I’d suggest the writers have Horatio visit Speedle’s grave at sunset, wave his magical sunglasses over the tombstone, and grin knowingly as the undead chap emerges from the ground. Then Caruso could somberly deliver a carefully crafted classic zinger like, “The sun may be setting, but you, son, are back on the rise.” Cue opening credits. “Yaaaaahhhrrggghhh!”” Ok – I’m happy they’re bringing the actor back, because anyone from Empire records has a soft spot in my heart (“What’s with today, today?), but how freaking ridiculous is CSI Miami? Who watches this crap?
“Fox announced yesterday that the Oct. 7 edition of The Simpsons will be (well, they didn’t put it this way, but I will) a pure comic-geek bliss-out: The plot is all about our beloved Comic Book Guy (pictured), who gets some competition in Springfield from a new store, “Coolsville Comics & Toys,” run by “hipster” Milo, voiced by Jack Black. What’s even more hipster about this news is that the episode will feature cartoon versions of guest stars Art Spiegelman (Pulitzer Prize-winning creator of Maus), Eightball creator Dan Clowes, and probably the most revered living comics writer, at least among the superhero set: Watchmen creator Alan Moore. No word on whether the voluble, prolific, control-freak Moore will insist on writing his own lines and thereby expand the episode to a special two-hour Simpsons.” Hahahaha… I can’t wait.

Also: SPIDER-PIG T-SHIRTS, PEOPLE.

Awesome fugging.

Popwatch: “Random aside: The two [Gaiman and Avery – who did beowulf] are now working to bring Charles Burns’ creepy-in-a-good-way comic-book Black Hole — an EW pick for one of 2005’s best — to the big screen.” Huh.

Darjeeling limited trailer (awesome, awesome, awesome! Oh my god – I love Adrien Brody’s lines in this. “Can I borrow it?” I also love how the 3 look NOTHING like each other).

The Beowulf trailer. I think the animation looks a bit… weird.

Eddie Izzard has replaced Jeremy Piven in the Weinstein Co.’s CG-animated Igor as the insane Schadenfreude, the nemesis to Igor in the world’s evil scientist community as they plot to win the annual Evil Science Fair. The movie will also feature voices from John Cusack, Steve Buscemi, John Cleese, Jennifer Coolidge, Arsenio Hall, Jay Leno, Molly Shannon, and Sean Hayes. (Hollywood reporter) [Enough stars, do you think?]
Same source: [Coming soon:] HBO Films’ big-budget miniseries The Pacific, from executive producers Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. The 10-hour mini is a companion to Hanks/Spielberg’s 2001 HBO WWII saga Band of Brothers. Pacific tracks intertwined odysseys of three U.S. Marines across the Pacific, from the first clash with the Japanese to their return home after V-J Day. [Ed: this is filming up here in Queensland. We saw bunches of helicopters up in Cape Trib.]

Linkspam from Cleolinda:

‘The Bell Jar’ Tolls For Julia Stiles.

Cate Blanchett Will Be Nude in ‘The Golden Age.’ [I’m confused about this. Why? She’s not sleeping with anyone…]
‘3:10 to Yuma’ Gets a Badass Poster.

Tucci Boards Jackson’s Lovely Bones. [God – what a cast]
David Lynch Talks ‘Blue Velvet,’ ‘Inland Empire,’ And His Uterus in a Bottle.

Maggie Gyllenhaal Trash Talks Katie Holmes. [Haha – awesome. Although I do hate the ‘it’s not an action film! It’s serious‘ thing. You only wish you could be as cool as Angelina and do both well.]

HP stuff (SPOILERS):

Answers from JK. Really? Law enforcement for Hermione? I would’ve guessed healer. Or another Auror.
Cleolinda’s thoughts on HP7
The ones that mirror my own: needing to reread at a slower pace and:

“>> “Look… at… me…” So… Snape’s dying wish is for Harry to look at him. With his green eyes. His green eyes that are totally his mother’s eyes. Lily’s eyes. I’m, like, 35% touched and 110% creeped the fuck out.”

“>> I want Hermione’s Beaded Bag of Holding like whoa.”

“>> Things I can’t wait to see in the movie: The Seven Potters–Daniel Radcliffe will have a field day with that. For some reason, I really want to see the trio in their formalwear out on Tottenham Court Road. I really want to see Happy Homemaker Kreacher. If Yates does the last movie, I want him to whip out The Power of Montage for the interminable camping section. And if Cuarón does it, I want him to bring the Children of Men battlecam to the Battle of Hogwarts. EEEEE.

BRING ON THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE SET PICS!” Ah – something to look forward to!

ALSO to look forward to: So glad to get official confirmation that its coming.
Cleolinda: “By the way: what Matthew Lewis looks like now. Taken at the OOTP premiere (the LA one? Can’t remember). Yes, that is Neville.”

“Naomi Watts confirms Narcissa; Stuart Townsend, Joseph Fiennes and Naomi Watts in Harry Potter 6. I don’t think we know who Townsend and Fiennes are supposed to play, except that it occurred to me: what if they’re getting Ralph Fiennes’ brother to play Voldemort’s father? Brilliant.” YAY! Joseph Fiennes and Stuart Townsend!

musica: affliction – AFI, time of the season – zombies, betcha – garbage, words – kate miller-heidke, wrong number – cure, tear you apart – she wants revenge, you’ve got to hide your love away – Eddie Vedder



Tags:

-9 responses to “Entertainment catch-up”

  1. Karen says:

    Honey, one of the entertainment sites said that those casting rumors about Narcissa, etc. were false.

    I liked Cleolinda’s comments (or were they yours?) about Harry doffing his clothes in the last book.

    It’s true that JK Rowling saw him in Equus. I read an interview with Daniel Radcliffe. He said that knowing she was in the audience was embarrassing.

    I guess she saw something she liked? Now, THAT’S creepy!

  2. admin says:

    Yeah – I got that last night. Damn! I want Joseph Fiennes in it.
    I have a feeling she had written all the clothes doffing before Equus. DH would have been in edits by the time Equus was on stage.
    And lots of people have been commenting on how often Harry strips in the last one. I’ve posted a few of the responses that made me laugh.