BootsnAll Travel Network



Back in SF

Well – getting back to the US went mostly smoothly. The supershuttle was late, as usual, but I had told them my flight was an hour earlier than it actually was, so that was ok. Enormous line to check bags, and you have to pay $25 to leave Auckland (euch) but the staff was pretty helpful and friendly. The flight was pretty good, although a bit of turbulence. Even taking sleeping pills, I think I only slept about 1-2 hours. They had good movies though. Saw Stardust, Hairspray (meh), Die Hard 4.0, and the Simpsons. Oh – and I guess I had requested the Asian veggie meal when I reserved my tickets, so I got my super-yummy dinner first, and my bizarre breakfast (polenta and cauliflower – in what way is that breakfast food?) first, too.

It was the first time I had ever flown in to SF from the West, and we had a perfectly clear morning for it, so you could see the farralons, and then Point Reyes, and then the whole city spread out perfectly. It was really gorgeous. Oh – and a bit before we reached the bay area, we had a bit of thin cloud cover below us and the sun behind us, so if you looked down, you could see a perfect shadow of the plane surrounded by two complete concentric rainbows. It was very cool.

The bay area is lovely. I’m in Pacifica. I spent the first day just trying to stay awake till 9pm. Yesterday, Ross and I hit the Dickens Faire (yummmmy fish and chips, and lots of fun characters everywhere – and surprisingly not too crowded) and then I went to Stonestown. I hit up Express to find an outfit for Davies. I was going to get some slacks and a top (that could double as work clothes), but then I found a dress that fit perfectly, and was cheaper than the other 2 would have been. Then I got up to the register, and it was half off! Score. They unfortunately got rid of the Payless at that mall, but I managed to find a pair of heels on sale at nine west. I’m not thrilled with them, but they’ll work. So long as I don’t fall off them. It’s been more than a year since I’ve worn heels. Which is so weird – I grew up in heels. I never wear flat shoes. But that doesn’t work so much backpacking. Anyways – Ross and I are off to Davies tonight, which should be a lot of fun. (If you go here you can find some girls chorus christmas songs. The silent night at the bottom was recorded at Davies).  

Musica; Muse playlist – Starlight, Bliss, Hysteria (mmm.. Justin Theroux), Time is running out, Supermassive black hole, Knights of Cydonia, Sing for Absolution, New Born



Tags:

Comments are closed.