BootsnAll Travel Network



What the future holds…

Fabien and I have been working hard on this blog to tell you about our travel adventures…maybe you’re interested in our plans after the “big trip.” 

Our trip will come to an end in just over 2 months.  We will fly back to Paris from Hong Kong on May 22nd.  Then begins the wedding preparations.  Most of you know that we got engaged last October in Dubrovnik, Croatia.  We are getting married on October 7th of this year in Amiens, France (Fabien’s hometown.)  It will be a big weekend of festivities.  Of course there is a lot of things still to do (some of the details are already set…) We’ll spend the end of May and June in Amiens, where we will legally apply for the marriage.  If there’s some extra time, we might take a short vacation in the Alps and a jaunt to Barcelona to visit Dani.  Prague has also crossed our minds…

Fabien is going to return to Sogecap, probably the beginning of July.  We’re not sure exactly what his position will be; there are a couple of possibilities,some involving some intense travel.  We’ll see.  When he starts back to work, we’ll move back to Paris.  We’ll be looking for an apartment, probably near San Lazare, so if you have any ideas…I will go home at some point for a couple of weeks to Jacksonville to do some wedding preparations and spend some missed time with my family.  Otherwise I’ll be occupied with wedding preparations and French classes, and probably a few English lessons to make some extra money.  We are also thinking about starting a small business…importing silk from India.  We’ve started the research in India; we’ll start figuring out the logistics when we get back to France. 

After the wedding in October, I’ll be able to apply for carte de long-sejour, and hopefully have my working papers by the end of the year. So I will also be looking for a permanent job with a reputable English school.  We’re planning a trip to Florida for Christmas where we’ll have another small party to celebrate the wedding. 

After that…we do have some ideas.  We are planning to spend 1-2 years in France now; giving me a chance to perfect my French and get some work experience, as well as save money. We’re always open for ex-pat opportunities, but we’ll be focusing on looking for jobs in the U.S. By then, Fabien should have his green card. Of course before making any major moves, we’ll have to take another 6 month+ trip. There are a few places still to discover in Asia: Myanmar and Nepal…and of course South America is always a favorite.

That’s the news for now…

It’s hard to think about the future when we’re so busy living the present.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *