BootsnAll Travel Network



AHA PRAHA


Greetings from Prague! Fabien and I arrived yesterday morning after a not-so-painful 14-hour bus trip from Paris. How does it feel to be back? Like we’re at home all over again. And we sort of are…as we both lived here for extended periods of time. A few things have changed, the price of a metro ticket has doubled, a few friends have left, there’s fresh paint on a few buildings but the beer is still cheap and tasty. I think it’s starting to sink in that we really are unemployed and homeless…and that we are going to be on the road for the next 9-12 months. The feeling is changing from “scary as hell” to “this is going to be pretty darn cool.”
We are staying with Kristin and Joseph (two American ex-pats and close friends of ours.) They live in a really nice area of Prague near Namesti Miru. Fabs and I spent yesterday and today, strolling through the city. We walked down by the Vltva, hung out on one of the small islands for a while snapping pictures of everything that went by. Then we re-traced the end of the Prague Marathon, I can still remember the ache in my quads as I ran across the cobblestones on Karlovy Most (Charles Bridge.) Late in the afternoon, we made our way to a beer garden in Vinohrady to have a pint and relax.

Fabien is now out with the boys for Eddy’s stag (bachelor) party. I am waiting for a couple of girlfriends, we are going out for a drink in celebration of my birthday. I’ve celebrated now in Florida, France and the Czech Republic and what better gift than to be doing something I love to do…travel.
I’ll spend my 28th year exploring the other half of the world.
More to come- we promise to tell you all about the wedding and other events in Prague.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *