BootsnAll Travel Network



The rest of the liveaboard story

Now that we are back on land my recollection of events won’t be as keen.  I wrote the last boat while on the boat, but failed to continue doing so.  Sorry all! After the dolphin sighting we made it to the actually Similan Islands and had much better visibility.  Absolutely amazing diving, not fish wise but seeing all the hard and soft coral as well as massive boulders!  These suckers were huge, made for some nice photos and cool swim-throughs.  We didn’t get a chance to see any Manta Rays or Leopard sharks, but oh well that is life.  We did get a to know the rest of the people on the boat better, mostly Roger and Linda a fantastic couple from England.  Even watched White Christmas with them on Christmas day, awesome movie by the way, if anyone hasn’t seen it they should!  In between diving the big thing to do was find a place to either lay in the sun and nap or lay in the shade and nap.  Okay we did talk some or have a meal, but it was more fun to sleep!  Or at least just lay around listening to our ipods.  It was so relaxing!  The staff was only so so, not really big on the customer service.  However they are all German and usually only have Germans, speaking German on the boat so maybe that was it.  Although all the guests got along wonderfully so really didn’t need them!  The weather was good until the last day it rained, but we only had one day of really good sun!  It was mostly overcast, which I guess was good so we all weren’t dying of the heat.  However did make for some chilly nights, it was the first time outside of a train did we use our fleece jackets!  It wasn’t so cool you needed them but they did make you feel all warm inside.  Plus a nice cup of tea did the trick too.  We really did like being barefoot the whole time as well as for me except for the fleece at times, spent most of the days in just my board shorts!  Ahh the life of a diver!  The water temp wasn’t bad either, most dives it was between 28 and 29C.  Sorry Americans don’t know what that is in F, everything we have learned diving has been in meters and Celcius.  Probably would have a hard time diving in the US, well at least talking to others about the dive!  Alright, got nothing else to say about the diving I guess just rambling at this point as I am not sure how to finish this blog entry….



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *