BootsnAll Travel Network



Last Days in Phuket and Trip to Koh Lanta

So much for seeing the Carnival in Phuket!!  We had heard there was going to be a carnival, we saw the signs and all the platforms and food stalls.  Although no carnival!!  Granted Patong is a decent sized area but we didn’t feel like walking all over the place to find it.  We did look but quess not hard enough!  Oh well, pretty much upset with the fact that we stayed there for so long and were ready to leave.  Pretty much finished out time in Phuket with Starbucks, Transporter 3 and sleeping!  Oh and one more Visa Run, thankfully this time we got a nicer bus.  It was still a heck of a long trip to go do it, but at least our seats reclined back so we could sleep.  Not really the most comfortable thing in the world but got a few winks…  As for Transporter 3, it was pretty cheezy not as good as the first one though.  I was just happy to have popcorn one last time.  Plus this time we splurged and got the loveseats, man the US needs to get movie theaters with love seats.  Very comfy, especially since they recline like lazy boys.  No foot rests though about after a long day of leaving on the visa run at 5am probably would have fallen asleep!

Well it was time for us to say goodbye to Phuket and head on to Koh Lanta. Well I am sure the Starbucks girls are going to miss us, as we got on a first name bases with all the staff. We got picked up at 7 o’clock in the morning for our trip to Koh Lanta after a night of maybe 2 hours of sleep.  I know not that smart.  We got crammed into a very small van and when I say crammed I really mean cramped. I dont think they understand that 10 westerns do not fit into a little van made for 10 small asian children. So after a very uncomfortable ride sitting next to a man with very broad shoulders that took up half my set as well as his. No fault of his own, but man was I uncomfortable.  Well we made it to the ferry and it was time for me to say goodnight. I had a nice sleep on the ferry while Jared sat and listened to his music.   When we got to Koh Lanta it was the same old thing a 100 people at the peir wanting to bring you somewhere, everyone trying to stop you to bring you to there hotel or for a taxi ride. So after saying no to at least 20 people we got a taxi. Now when I say taxi, I mean a little scooter with a shakey sidecar.  Thought us and our gear was going to break this damn thing!!  So we told him our hotel name and he said okay. We asked him if he was sure he knew of it, we get the usually smile nod and repeating what we said.  About half way down the road he hands us a map and grunts making qestures to indicate for us to show him where it is.  Like I know!  Now we didn’t pick out a hotel in Koh Lanta, our friends Wilco and Aeysha who setup the liveaboard trip had a friend on the island that sorted out our accomodations.  Very sweet of them as everything we found on the internet for Koh Lanta was very expensive.  They found us a guest house for a great price near the beach.  The downside is that this place didn’t have a website, nor did we have a phone number.  All we had was a name and the general area it was in.  Oh we did have the number of the girl who put the deposit down for us.  To tell you how totally unprepared we are, we still don’t even know the name of the boat we are going on, what it looks like, were we pick it up from on the 22nd.  Nothing!  Wasn’t going to be that big a deal as we were going to meet up with Wilco and Aeysha so we would follow them and there friends.  Unfortunately, Wilco got into a motorcycle accident back on Koh Tao a few days ago and had to go to Koh Samui to have surgery on his shoulder.  A surgery that was supposed to take 2 hours but was more like 7 hours.  They will not be able to make it to join us.  Sorry guys!  Now we are going to hopefully meet up with thier friends find this boat and do some christmas diving!!  Back to the taxi ride, finally can get this guy to understand what area we need to go to, thank god!  Guess who found the hotel, not the taxi driver, but Jared!  Thankfully we talked him down from 300 baht to 200 baht considering he had no idea where he was going!  Once at the hotel, the staff was really friendly and got us up to the room really quickly so we could relax.  After about an hour, headed down for lunch.  Man the prices are so much better here than in Phuket.  We split some indian curry and rice, and headed off for a bit of a walk prior to a planned nap.  Get this, right down the road is a putt putt place!!  But it gets better, they have rooms that you can rent, with a flat screen and the Nintendo Wii!!!  WOW!  We have missed the Wii so I know what we are going to do at some point 🙂  This is shaping up to be a great place!!  Back at the hotel, we decided to take a nap before coming down and paying for the room.  Well a short nap turned into a 6 hour nap, oooppss!  Oh well came down to pay and get some dinner.  They are playing Michael Buble in the lobby, I love this place! Another fabulous meal, plus the music selection was very good.  Not like most thai places were the staff is more concerned with watching their shows and music then catering to guests!  Great caring staff here at White Flowers Inn!  So we are enjoying the nice cool breeze, lots of stars in the sky and the much quieter Koh Lanta!  Can’t wait to go out and explore tomorrow!

Just so you know, this post was a joint effort! As you are still really tired. 🙂



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *