BootsnAll Travel Network



Another day in Phuket

We have been in Phuket now for 2 weeks and started getting a little on the bored side, so we actually started getting out a bit more.  First we went Bowling. now I know that does not seem that exciting, but yeah what do you expect from us. We played 4 games and Jared beat me every time.  Grrrrrr!! hehe!  🙂 But we did have a blast as we were dancing around and just acting stupid as we normally do, like how Jared enjoys making clippedy cloppedy noises with his sandals!  Or as he says fun with noises 🙂  We also made some pretty good jokes but at the moment can’t remember any of them other than that they were funny!  Anyway now we are feeling old as we woke up the next day with our left butt cheeks hurting and our right arm.  When did we get old?  We are feeling ok we just get a little stiff if we sit for a while or when we first get out of bed.  

So for the next day we went on a bit of a Phuket island tour our first stop was to the Aquarium.  The aquarium in Phuket is not that bad for the price 100  baht per adult, but dont expect a tuk-tuk or taxi driver to know where it is.  After a long talk and showing the taxi drive on the map where to go, we finally got there.   Oh and the best way to get there seems to be hiring a taxi driver for the day, actually works out better than a round trip.  Plus you get to see other places as well  the aquarium.  Outside they had those little billboards where you can stick your head through and have picture.  So of course we had to do that!!  Just to give you an idea of what you see, there is Manta’s, really big groupers (absolutely the biggest groupers I have ever seen), Sting rays, eels and much much more.   After the nice trip through the aquarium they have a free walking tour around the area which is a Marine Biology center.  So we got to see 5 pools of Turtles, a Kammodo dragon that just happened to be out and about and some nice butterflies.  On our nice walk around we ran into the an older gentleman who, well to put it nicely. liked to talk a lot. Now I am sure that people reading this are thinking, really Maryanne is telling us that someone else likes to talk a lot, but this man really liked to talk. We learned all about his medical history for the past 10 years on our 20 min walk. He was very nice but it was a very interesting one way conversation, his wife caught up with us as she must have took a bit longer walk then her husband and the only thing that she said to us was bye when we were walking away to get in our taxi.  We thought that she was happy that he was talking to us as I am sure she is tired of hearing about how is medication is effecting his skin in Thailand.  So now we are back in the taxi and having to again give our taxi driver directions on how to get to the Gibbons reserve, as of course we the tourists know where it is!  We make it to the Gibbons reserve after a couple of wrong turns and having to stop and ask for directions.  When we are walking up the path we hear a friendly voice as a couple that we know from Koh Tao volunteer at the center.  Caroline is working at the gift shop so we stop and talked to her and waited for the other volunteer to return so she can take us on a tour. It was very interesting and they are really doing good work trying to get Gibbons out of peoples homes and back in to the wild where they belong. It can be a very long process for the animals to be able to go back in the wild and for some of them just can not handle the wild and will always remain in captivity.  They have had too much contact with humans and just can not handle being out in the wild with out human contact.  So we left there missing 3000 baht from our pocket cuz we are suckers for a good cause.   Ok we actually feel good about our donation and hope that our small amount can help out a little. 

  Now for todays adventure we actually did one of the island tours that are sold at the tourist desks.  We went to Raya Island.  It cost 1500 Baht per person the cheapest tour we could find. We went to the island for some sunbathing and snokeling. The snokeling was not really that great but I guess we expect a lot after all the diving we have done.  But we still had a good time. We took a nice nap on the beach and of course I got sunburnt no surprise there.  Jared came back saying you can tell I got a little bit of sun you can see where my watch was. There was a small color change of the skin and I do mean small. While I am sitting there with my normal racoon face. Which Jared then tells me “you have looked worst”. funny funny funny. Ok he just meant that I have had worst sunburns but still.    At the end the day we watched a movie “The Day the Earth Stood Still”.    It was a nice ending of yet another fun filled day. 

  



Tags: ,

One response to “Another day in Phuket”

  1. Mike Bland says:

    Hey you two. Happy to see you are still enjoying each other and your time off. I envy you a bit. Well, we’re all doing well here in Qatar. Let me know when you are ready to come back 🙂 If you get board and want to check out the latest pics of the girls, here’s the site: http://community.webshots.com/user/mdbland.

    Take care and we’ll chat later,
    Mike

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *