BootsnAll Travel Network



Mexican Independence Day 2007

Grito

Now that was a party. In 7 years living in Mexico, I’d never been to the main event in Mexico City’s Zocalo. Hundreds of thousands of people, fireworks, music, and foam. Lots and lots of foam. Seems the custom is buy a can of that fake snow foam and let rip on any and everyone. We obliged the tradition by buying some 80 cans.

Here are some photos from the evening.DixiemeWe started out at a restaurant in the Zocalo where patrons were celebrating with good food and drink. Our foam fight nearly got us kicked out of the place. We did go a bit overboard.

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

After the restaurant, we made the 5 block march up to the main plaza in the Zocalo for the fireworks show. No pictures of that march due to the heavy foam bath we endured. But, we gave as good as we got, emptying some 30 cans of snow foam on each other and everyone else.

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

grito

After the show, we headed over to a cantina to finish the evening with a bottle of tequila.

grito



Tags: , ,

3 responses to “Mexican Independence Day 2007”

  1. Gary Denness says:

    Looks like you had a great time Guy! I’d like to do the Zocalo eventually, but this year was Huichapan. Good, but not quite as big a crowd!

  2. Louis says:

    Great pictures! Reminds of my first time in Mexico City for Independence Day. I did go down to the Zocalo, what a site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *