BootsnAll Travel Network



Cultural Exchanges

Package

I posted a story on Dave’s ESL Cafe about an interesting package I received in the mail the other day.

An unexpected package arrived at the school today. It didn’t blow up after a little shake, so I opened it.

Three school kids from a Midwest US school sent us a ‘Welcome to Our Culture’ pack. In the package were two US flags, a fuzzy soft football, as well as cutout pictures of cows, a dictionary, a map of the US, and of Hindu god Shiva. There was also a CD by Dirks Bentley, a video cassette of ‘an old cowboy movie’ called ‘The Sacketts’, and a two page note explaining their project.

Here is a picture of what they’d sent.

Teachers Latin America

Here are copies of the accompanying letter.

TEFL Mexico

TEFL Latin America

After posting the story, a number of teachers from around the world have expressed an interest in a similar cultural exchange by mail for their own elementary, junior high, and high school kids.

This entry is devoted to giving those teachers a bit more publicity, in the hopes that they will succeed in setting up an exchange. If you are interested in participating, please read through the comments below and feel free to contact the teacher through the Dave’s ESL Cafe forum, or by email if it is provided.

Pollux writes:

I have a class of 10-12 year-olds in Poland.

Would anyone with a similar class like to receive a package from us? We’d like to send one thing that represents our country(they decide and I buy), and a letter to go along with it.

There will be no mention of tariffs, I promise.

With any luck this can be expanded to around the world package.

Craftynick writes:

actually i have 1 class of 10 &11 year olds here in Spain who might be keen (i know it may not be as exotic as china or somewhere!!) if your interested i just need to have a word with my boss first

Thelmadatter in Mexico writes:

Ill have a class of really really bright high school students (~16-17) starting in January. An exchange with just about any country or countries would be cool.

If you are a teacher working with kids in any country in the world, feel free to get involved, by posting a comment here, over on Dave’s ESL Cafe, or contacting the teacher directly.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *