BootsnAll Travel Network



the program

You never hear about a cool, dry evening in Bangkok. It’s always “another steamy evening here in BKK…” A few days after arriving back at the home base for all of South East Asia I felt my feet start to itch again so I hooked up with two Naturopathic students from Bastyr and headed to Koh Samet – Bangkok’s nearest island.

beachfeet1.jpg

Katie and Cori had a lot of supplements with them which they generously shared with me, seaweed, wheatgrass, emergen-C, they all made me feel healthier and some of them tasted good! The girls even busted out some travel rocks which they had programmed to help them have a good journy. I couldn’t put one of the rocks down- I could almost feel it vibrating. They were shy to tell me about these things at first but soon shared a lot of interesting details they’d learned about naturopathic healing because I thought what they were learning about was really cool.

The following day I left the girls on the island to continue recovery from their first year of naturopathic school. I got back to Bangkok Saturday and went out to the Bed Supper Club where you can pay a substantial cover to go to bed. Why did I do this? I guess I find it exciting and exotic to snooze in public and then get up and dance.

I had to leave the club at midnight. “Why?” Anna asked, “are you going to turn into a pumpkin?” “Yes!” I answered, “and my friend Nathan from Vermont is coming and I am so excited to see him!” I hadn’t seen anyone I’d known since I started traveling in April and I was not only happy to see an old friend but also curious to see how much I had changed – if at all. Somehow Nathan’s jetlag rubbed off on me and we stayed up until 4 eating and watching football. The next day Nathan got down to doing what he does best and I played with Eliza until she had to catch a flight home. Her boyfriend is a Quaker!

elizalastday.jpg

Everyone keeps asking me how the volunteering is going. I can’t wait to work with Rita this week so I’ll keep you posted. Nathan pointed out that the nice thing about traveling is that you can do anything you want. Usually that means I end up doing what I need to do each week and last week I guess I needed to play play play.



Tags: , , ,

0 responses to “the program”

  1. Megan says:

    Greta!!!!
    I’m so glad to read about your adventures, and glad to hear that Nathan came for a visit. It sounds like you’re meeting some amazing people from all over the world. I’m jealous. Anyway, I miss hearing your voice. Hope you’re well.
    Love, Megan

  2. nathan says:

    Nathan is “doing what he does best”? Stringing guitars? Oh come on!

  3. admin says:

    Oh Nathan, don’t be so modest.  You know you are a guitar-stringing aficionado!
    Megan, I figured out how to make international calls but I usually run out of $ about 11 min. into them… I’ll call you (from Ohio?).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *