BootsnAll Travel Network



Away she goes.

Yesterday I said goodbye to Anna who has been my off and on roommate at the hostel for the last few weeks (sometimes I’m traveling, sometimes she’s traveling, sometimes we’re both in the dorm with all the girls on their way to and from Thailand’s islands).

We share a lot of Nordic values like taking plans very seriously. We planned to meet at 7pm for dinner. We had dinner at 7 and then she wanted to go get the same worm pills I had purchased the day before. Medicine is so cheap here, I said hello to my favorite pharmacist and he laughed because this time I brought a friend. I bought some pills for giardia while we were there ($7.50). I will definitely see Anna again, in Sweden or Vermont, hopefully when we are both cured of whatever lives in our bellies right now. My parasite makes me eat all the time and likes icecream – oh wait, was I like that before I left? Anna has been conducting research for her thesis on human trafficking since September. She was sad to go but felt worn out.

I fly out at 1:20am tonight and am sad to go too but look forward to about a 10 million hour trip home (really! the iPod is charged, I’m ready for my ritual 1 hour run before the flight). Actually I’m not going home yet, I’m not quite ready for that, I am ridiculously happy right now.

At around 4pm tomorrow I will be picked up at the Columbus airport by an embassary of Friends Music Camp. That’s right, more Quakers – YAY! My first task as the camp nurse will be to check everyone for lice – after living in dorms for the past 3 months I’ll be the first person to have it. In any case, picking through people’s hair seems like a good way to meet everyone.

lice.jpg

If you come to visit me in Barnesville, Ohio between now and August 6th I will check your head too… can’t wait!



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Away she goes.”

  1. mamad says:

    more Greta- YAY!

    (less parasites- yay- but I think the flagyl can be carcinogenic if over done…)

    Talk w/ya soon!

    xoxox
    mamad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *