BootsnAll Travel Network



Big City Malaysia




Petronas Towers

Originally uploaded by Flackattack.

I just left Kaula Lampur this morning after 3 days of sightseeing and sweating. Have I mentioned it is HOT near the equator? It is, but so be it. I’ll be drinking more water and less beer for a while. It probably wont kill me. This is such a contrasting place. Malaysia is a combination of Chinese, Indian, Malay, and English influences which all appear in the language, architecture and food. The Petronas Towers and the huge KL Tower representing the modern world. Then the colonial period when the British built some really impressive structures. The Chinatown and Little India areas representing the earliest imports. And the tiny slums and street markets that are everywhere. Throw in a mid-city rain forest and a bunch of gardens and you can start to see what I mean. For heat relief I am now in Kota Raja in the Cameron Highlands area of central Malaysia. It is at 1500M and it is much cooler here. This is the area where the great tea plantations are located. I’ll be taking a tour of them and of a mossy forest glade tomorrow. Plus doing a bit of hiking in the next few days. The twisting road up here has over 600 turns in it (I didnt count, that is a Lonely Planet figure), and it is about 4 hrs from KL. Thats all for now. Hopefully I’ll be on some amazing white sand islands by next week. Cheers.



Tags:

One response to “Big City Malaysia”

  1. Abbey says:

    Ack, Flacker! Those towers make me dizzy! Have a guava punch for me!

    Abbey D (from Guilco)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *