BootsnAll Travel Network



June 2nd continued – Shimla, India

After leaving the internet cafe Sarah and I headed to my secret coffee shop all the way up the mountain in Shimla.  This is where I will do the majority of my studying I think.  It appears many of the students are studying at the hotel so this should be perfect.  It’s hard when the classes count for me and two others and nobody else.  People constantly are asking why I’m taking this so seriously, well I took out a 7000 dollar loan for the program plus the flight etc and the grades count, which can effect my ranking and placement post graduation, which I explain to them all the time.

Anyway I got a nice lemon ice tea with ICE!  Oh how I have missed ice in my drink.  We spent about two hours reading, and then headed back to the hotel.  Once I got back to the hotel, Arrindum one of the indian students and I decided to play some table tennis ping pong.  We had an intense first game but it was great to play some ping pong, because I love ping pong.  Ater I beat him one of the professors of the program who insists I call him Jay wanted to get winners.  I asked him before we started playing if he would be grading anonymously to which he chuckled and said no, but we are playing anyway. I said fine, well this day I only lost one game to arrindum, because I started to play down in my ability and destroyed the professor both games we played to the point where he doesn’t want to play with us again!

Oh well, I hope he still grades me well.  Anyway after ping pong I needed to shower, I was dripping with sweat and felt gross.  I also picked up some shaving cream on the way back from the coffee shop so I could now shave my neck for the first time in weeks, and it felt great!  The beard is looking very nice.

After showering, Cait and I headed down to the lounge area to have some pre-dinner drinks.  We originally planned to head out afterwards to find a bar but that didn’t end up happening.  Dinner was good this night, and Sarah and I ended up heading out, but didnt get to a bar and just hung out after we got back for a little bit.



Tags:

One response to “June 2nd continued – Shimla, India”

  1. joel epstein says:

    get to work-who is Sarah?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *