BootsnAll Travel Network



Daily Thoughts

It’s been a few days since I have written an entry…things have been rough…finals week was crazy, then going home, and then my mom and I drove to Maryland to pick up my sister from New York.  Well now I have had some time to reflect and come up with some more ideas for the blog.

One thing that bothers me is when people hassle you when you are waiting for a parking spot.  This happened to me one time recently where I was at school, it was a one lane road in each direction, and spots don’t come easy.  It’s either you fight for a spot or you pay 4-9 dollars to park for the day.  Now I only needed the spot for ten minutes to run in to the bank and get some quarters for my laundry.  So I’m driving around and around trying to find a spot anywhere in the ballpark of the bank, and finally after three or four times making the loop, I find one.  So I flip on my left blinker and I wait for the car to back out.  Now the main point of my entry is how long is too long to wait for a car to back out of a spot before you say “forget it,” and just move on?  I mean I guess it depends on the situation, for my situation this street is a one lane in each direction, so I knew there were cars behind me probably pissed off about me waiting and waiting for the spot.  I say in that situation where traffic can build up, five minutes is the max.  After five minutes you throw the car in drive, bite the bullet and move on.  For me I waited and waited and waited, looked a few times in the rear view mirror, saw the driver behind me giving me the look, and then eventually had to move on as the car refused to back out.  I had no idea what the hell the driver was doing, but he/she wasn’t backing out anytime soon.

That also drives me nuts.  If you get in the car to leave a spot, you can’t fiddle around with your things, you must back out of the spot and take care of whatever needs to be done in the car when you get to your next destination.  Please when you are getting in to your car in a place where spots are highly touted and hard to find, get in your car and get out and make it easier on everyone else.

Those are my daily thoughts for today.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *