BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome to India Part VII: Sand and Surf

What can be said about relaxing on India’s beaches?  Many things could be, but at the same time none should be, at least none that can do it true justice.  First of all, the weather is ideal: warm all day, moderately cool at night and a nice breeze keeps the sea air fresh in my lungs.  While I can easily go cool down in the lukewarm ocean, the sun is far from oppressive.  The sand is smooth under foot and free of litter.  The beach is sparsely populated enough to allow privacy and peace, yet there are still enough people to meet for encounters of invigorating conversation.  The occasional bovine wanders out from the fields to remind that this is still India, and that it’s merely another of it’s many faces.  

The going is easy and the life is good.  My thatched beach hut is costing around $2 a day.  By night, the near-full moon shines through the tiny holes to create a unique ‘star-scape’ above and I have already named a few constellations unique to my room.  Beams of light stream down even further and illuminate another series of dots on the mosquito net and I fly deep through the depths of space every evening before my eyes close.

So what else can I say?  So far I’ve already said everything, yet told nothing.  And perhaps it’s best that way.  Too much effort would only spoil the charms… after all, it is my vacation from traveling

 



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *