BootsnAll Travel Network



Kudle Beach, Gokarna: The Time Thief

It all started on the trip to Gokarna. Somewhere along the way, my watch disappeared. Scared by reminiscence of time disappearing as it did upon my arrival in India and the traumatic loss of my iPod, I finally agree to submit to India’s supernatural persuasions. I guess time is not supposed to exist here. Since the first day I set foot on this beach, two weeks of time have slipped by and left me in a sedated state. Careless days pass over me like the waves of the sea crashing against me feet. Weeks disappear while a variety of fine meals to satisfy my stomach (notably Spanish Place on Kudle Beach), a simple life to soothes my soul, and great conversations stimulate my consciousness.   

Out of all Mother India’s magic powers, the efficient combination of low-cost, comfortable living makes it easy to become stuck and ensnared in her charms. The siren songs of easy-going extended-holidays have lured many diverse people from around the globe and scattered them throughout these beaches. It’s not uncommon to meet people who have spent the last few months on a basic routine of eating, sleeping, swimming, laying on the beach and unceasingly smoke chillum. There is also an ubiquitous compliment of dreadlocked hippies who pass the time by making jewelry out of coconuts.

The most commonly heard phrase here is “Man, it’s hard to leave here isn’t it?”, and that speaks no lie. With every passing day so idly and ideally, at the average cost of $10, I almost got stuck for longer. I could easily have spent the rest of my visa here, but that will not be my fate. It took a fortnight, but I have gained enough clarity regarding my goals in India. If I settle anywhere for some time, it will be to study Tabla. While Gokarna would be an ideal backdrop there are no instructors here, so I think that moving on is the best option. That fire has resumed burning inside me, and I know it’s time to seek out some adventure.

Mother India, the charmer: Gypsy and thief of time!

Mesmerized by your gentle grace, pace of chaotic and divine!

See all of my photos from Gokarna and the Beaches

.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

3 responses to “Kudle Beach, Gokarna: The Time Thief”

  1. Greg says:

    Dude, you are killing me! These pictures are gorgeous, and its -5C here….ugggh!

  2. Himanshu Sharma says:

    thankx for showcasing my motherland so beautifully…….

  3. Pixie Twirls says:

    Beautiful. Haven’t been able to make it to Kudle for three long years, I remember when the spanish had pesto!! All the best.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *