BootsnAll Travel Network



Samara and Carrillo – Day 4

I woke up first today and decided to go out to the pool. It was already blazing hot at 9am, but I was craving a cappuccino. The hotel office sold them for about 750 colones (about $1.50 USD) and it was great. I talked to one of the girls in the office, who recommended we go to Playa Carrillo, which is the next beach over. I went back to the pool to read and get some sun, then cooled off a bit in the water.

Jay and Andrea came out and said the hotel served free continental breakfast, so I dried off and went to the room to see if James was awake. He was already ready, so we went to the outdoor restaurant for breakfast. It consisted of rice and beans, eggs, stale white bread, juice, and coffee. It was much, much better than a typical US hotel continental breakfast, I do know that!

The four of us decided to make the trek to Playa Carrillo…one guidebook said it was 4km away, and one said 6km…so we thought it would be around 5km. The walk was really fun, but really, really, really hot. We saw lizards and a random horse on the side of the road:
Random Horse

We found a soda and sat down for a Coke….
Horses
Horses
Horses

We did eventually make it to Playa Carrillo (and found out later that it was a 7km walk). The view and the water made the walk worth every single sweaty step.

Carrillo
Carrillo
Carrillo

We walked out on the rocks (yay for Keens!) and were able to see tons of crabs and tide pools. It was gorgeous!
Carrillo
Carrillo
Carrillo

Playa Samara is on the other side of this…we walked as far out as we could, but it became too slippery and difficult to go the whole way around. We walked out past the point you see on here, just around the corner…that’s where it became too difficult to go further.
rocks



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *