BootsnAll Travel Network



Turning elf tricks

Iceland is known for it’s connection to the magical world of elves, sprites, trolls, ghosts and just about any other mythical backyard being you can think of. I haven’t had the chance to meet any of these beings during my stay but did come across an amusing letter in the Reykjavik arts and entertainment newspaper on this topic:

Dear Editor,
I recently read an article in a Swedish newspaper that said that in Iceland it is possible to meet with elves, or as you often call them in Iceland, ‘the hidden people’. I have long been fascinated by elves, ever since I saw the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I am a big fan of Legolas.
I would like inquire if it is possible to book an appointment with an elve when I come to Iceland, preferably in its natural surroundings rather than in a display booth? Where should I turn? Do you pay by the hourly rate, and are discount rates available? Also, is there a bar in Reykjavik frequented by elves? I would love to meet one outside of their working environment.
Thank you so much for your time,
Goran
Vaxjo, Sweden

Dear Goran,
Thank you for your letter. Several people will claim they can put you in touch with elves. I am not familiar with any specific website that makes this sevice available, but you might want to seek out Salarrannsoknarfelagid, (www.srfi.is) an association of Icelandic spiritists. I am not sure what elves charge for their services, but I would imagine that they follow similar rates as taxi drives, with a starting-fee of 450 ISK. Elves would most likely attend the live music venue Organ, since their interest in music and dance is very well documented. I would say that is your best bet to meet an elf outside of work.
Hope this helps,
Editor.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *