BootsnAll Travel Network



The walk home: Can there possibly be another final leg?

I caught the last train from Moriya to Mitsukaido on the Joso line at 1:10am. This was better than I had expected. Considering I boarded my first train of the day in Nara at 2pm, I had really done well in my travels. The problem is that I live in Ishige, five short stops north of Mitsukaido. I would have rather been stranded in Moriya for the night where I would have had no choice but to camp. Now I am stuck a mere 12 kilometers from my bed and shower. The choice is obvious. I can walk 12 km in less than 4 hours, the time before the trains start again, so walking it will be. The curry plate from 7-eleven isn’t treating my stomach very kindly. Probably not the best choice after going so long without food. This trip is all about starvation. My feet are well rested after my epic train ride. With a crack of the beer I’m off.

It turned out being a 2.5 hour, three beer (two tallboys and a shorty) trip. At the halfway point I was no longer fresh, I was dragging. But soon the white silhouette of the Ishige community center/castle could be seen standing out from the black night sky. No matter how long I walked it always appeared to stay the same distance away. But I made it.

From Seoul to my apartment, I traveled over land and sea approximately 1,060 miles (1,700 km), and saw a lot in these wonderful two weeks. It is always nice to return home.



Tags: ,

One response to “The walk home: Can there possibly be another final leg?”

  1. Oowada Shigeru says:

    My father said this way.

    What will pleasure of a trip be?

    It eats a delicious, to see rare, and there is not it by watching beautiful scenery.

    It is pleasure of my returning to my home last….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *