BootsnAll Travel Network



The Chinese Invasion?

Chinese finance has helped bring the USA such recent hits as the war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, and pretty much anything else Bush has decided they need more money for after they really thought about it. Even though there are no Chinese soldiers on the frontlines of these wars, it is Chinese that is financing the bulging American debt. Financing war and gross incompetence is one thing, but some newly uncovered intelligence has me crying in my beer. My Chinese beer.A responder to my last post (thanks Liam) informed me that Pabst Blue Ribbon isn’t only brewed, bottled and sold in China. It’s 100% Chinese owned. Wha!!?? I realize that this isn’t particularly a classy US icon we’re talking about, but it holds a special place in my heart. And don’t forget it did win the blue medal in 1893.

Are we teetering on the edge of the Chinese invasion? Maybe. But I doubt it. There is no need to panic. Remember when all the businessmen bought all of those “learn Japanese in 10 minutes a day” tapes back in 1989? Did that go anywhere? No.

But on the other hand, the Chinese economy, is set to overcome other powerhouses in the world at its current pace. Barring a drastic change in circumstances, this is a mathematically likelihood. So can we expect to see Staples Center or Safeco Field change sponsorship to The Agricultural Bank of China Center/Field? They do own a lot of our debt. I think it’d be funny.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *