BootsnAll Travel Network



The business about Cambodia

2/18-2/19

I looked at my schedule and realized I would be flying to China in a week. Time in S.E. Asia is running out. At breakfast I pretended to flip a coin, out of a desire for romanticism really, even though I knew I wanted to forgo my search for a remote Thai island and head overland to Siem Reap, Cambodia with Louise. The prospect of wandering through the temples of Angkor while continuing to hear about her travels in Africa, sold me. Angkor it was.

We spent the rest of the day on a bus from Khao Sok to Surat Thani, then a sleeper train that pulled into Bangkok just past 6AM. (2/19) Then it was the subway to the #3 bus, and onto another air con bus to the eastern border town of Aranya Prathet. We decided to stay the night in A.P. for many reasons. First of all, we had no idea what the border crossing would be like. Not wanting to go blindly into a very poor country, and having no dollars on hand, the primary (or most useful) currency in Cambodia, we got a couple of rooms. The decision paid off in spades. Not only did we get to change our baht to greenbacks the next morning, but we thoroughly enjoyed this sleepy border town, its lack of tourists, lack of English, and vibrant night festival.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *