BootsnAll Travel Network



Stockholm, Sweden

In 1969 my Mom and Aunt Janet flew to Europe, bought a VW bug, and toured around for a while. I´ve listened to the stories throughout my life and since childhood have wanted to see those places. Stockholm in particular was my Mom´s favorite city so I´ve fit it into this trip to take a quick peak. They were also in Iceland, my next stop.

Now I´ve sometimes wondered whether it was the city itself that left such a good impression, or just some tall blond guy named Sven she happened to cross paths with. Now that I´m here I can see the allure.

Stockholm is a water city, built on a group of islands that make up the mazelike waterway that is the eastern coast of Sweden. Maybe it was the confinement of island living that made the Swedes build up a bit more, because the city has a taller feel to it than what I expected in Europe. The buildings just feel a story or two higher and gives Stockholm a grand, royal fell to it. This feels like it´s always been a city of wealth, and judging from the prices so far, it still is.

It spent two days just walking through the city in rain and shine. Highlights I liked are:

Old Town

The Vasa Museum

The Modern Art Museum




Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *