BootsnAll Travel Network



Live in China?

I’ve come to the realization that I may not want to live in China, at all. At least I’m more and more on the fence about it each day. Having spent over two weeks in one place, the little things that were at first quirky and a little funny, are driving me crazy. I still can’t get used to the spitting. It’s disgusting, and always will be disgusting in my mind. The littering and pollution are also points of contention. For the most part, everywhere I’ve been from the rural areas to the cities, have been beautiful. The cities themselves seem well-planned with special care taken to enhance the aesthetics of the scenery. But it is hard to enjoy these when you can’t see through the brownish grey haze that drapes everything. The nicely tiled sidewalks have a layer of dried spit and litter on them that I’m sure follows me home to my apartment every night. It sickens me because so many little things could be done to make big changes. I realize that the pollution will take time to fix, but if the Chinese would take just a little more pride in their surroundings things would change in a hard beat.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *