BootsnAll Travel Network



4 months sans blog

I’ve heard from some people that my blog updates need to pick up the pace. It’s been interesting to know how many people have been following my travels. I guess I always assumed a blog by nature is mostly self-serving; some public record of a life being lived, the ultimate slice of electronic self-effacement in the age of individualism. But I guess people read them too, (thanks mom.)Part of me can’t disconnect myself from the idea that returning to my “normal” life back in Japan would make my writing less interesting. Although Japan has achieved some strange degree of normalcy for me, I must remember that it is still exotic and new for many back home. While perhaps not as exciting as backpacking through SE Asia and Southern China, this country still inspires a lot of creativity and observation. For someone not living an orthodox life by many standards, it has been a struggle for me not to get deterred by falsely based assumptions of exoticism.

Another more unavoidable effect of sedentary life is the simple lack of creative motivation that inevitably takes over me. Especially in Japan, A Change of scenery is the best way to bolster creativity, and as my next entry will show, a change of scenery is sometimes difficult to come by in Japan.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *