BootsnAll Travel Network



Same Same But Different

Hi all! Killing a few hours before the shuttle comes to take me to the airport in Bangkok, where I’ll have a further few hours before my 2:30am flight to Delhi. Wowee gee, I can’t believe time has flown by so fast. Had two rainy days on Ko Chang before I switched to another island, nearer Bangkok, called Ko Samet. As they say here when something is similar, or when you say “Do you have this in blue?” and they only have it in brown, “same same.” Cambodia and Vietnam? Same same. Becky, Janet and Karen? Same same. Get it? Lots of the tourists wear T-shirts around that say “Same Same” on the front and “But Different” on the back.

So, Ko Samet and Ko Chang? Same same, but Ko Samet was sunny! Hooray! I had three blissful days of sun, but since my pasty little body isn’t used to it anymore, I slightly overcooked myself on the first day and ended up burnt to a crisp. Even my cleavage is peeling, which is even grosser than it sounds.

Been back in Bangkok for a few days now, doing some shopping and finishing up my Indian visa process. Went to the embassy on Tuesday, which is a multi-step journey involving a boat trip, a skytrain (kind of like the El) and a 20-minute walk – about 1 and 1/2 hours to get there. That is, if I want to save $3 on the taxi, and I’m cheap, so I do. Anyway, got over there on Tuesday to find it closed for Gandhi’s birth or death anniversary. Dude totally ruined my day. So went back on Wednesday, got the visa, and celebrated with an Indian-food pigout! Not a moment too soon, either, cause I need a noodle and rice break, for reals.

So I’ve just been filling my days here in Bangkok with the Internet, some shopping, going back and forth to the embassy and hanging out with some cool German girls I met in Ko Chang. I sent home a huge box today, surface mail – should get there by spring. My bag is literally 3/4 empty in anticipation of all the gorgeousness that is Indian textiles, clothes, bags, etc. I might even buy another bag there. And I better pick up some pressies for Christmas! Requests? xx



Tags:

4 responses to “Same Same But Different”

  1. Dane says:

    the livin’ sounds easy enough…do tell of India asap. got aloe?

  2. Jen says:

    Hey lady! Love the blog! Same Same But different – very cute! I can’t wait to hear all of your stories…Some of your ladies here back home want to hear more about the Love Adventures????? Be ready to tell!nrLove – Jen

  3. Janet says:

    Becky! How are you doing?nrnrGood luck with India. Why don’t you go to Nepal once Toni leaves? You’re going to give your family a heart attack!nrnrJanet

  4. Sharon says:

    You have Toni with you? Girl, you are in for some t-r-o-u-b-l-e.:)

    And, uh, “love adventures”? Do tell!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *