BootsnAll Travel Network



Back To Life, Back To Reality or: Thank God I Can Watch the Packers Now

Hi all! Well, this is it, the last blog post. Ever. Here I am in London, hanging out with my friend Toni and her boyfriend Sam, watching Jackie Brown. Ah, home life. My friends Suzie and Alex got married yesterday at a country manor – no shit – in the lovely English countryside. It was like a Currier and Ives postcard, about 150 people, and all the older ladies wore hats. Like big hats, with feathers and stuff on them, that came in big hat boxes. I’ve never been to a wedding with hats before. The beginning of the wedding was so very English and proper, and then by the end, there were people dancing on tables. Right about then, Suzie’s mom asked me if it was like an American wedding, and I said, “It is now.” In bed by midnight though, as the champagne started flowing around 2pm, and this little lady can’t handle her booze so well any more. After a healthy English breakfast (minus the beans) Toni and Sam and I caught a train back to London, where I now sit on the couch wrapped up in a cozy comforter.

Got here from India on the 9th and brrr, um, winter is, like, cold and stuff. Got off the plane in my India clothes – sandals and socks, fisherman pants (at least they were long) and a flowy scarf. Went over to to Suzie and Alex’s for the weekend and shopped on Oxford St. for an outfit for the wedding – dress, shoes, bag and accessories for £67, which = $134. A crackin’ good deal for London! And there are pictures on Flickr of the wedding, so you can all tell me how the dress looked. And my tan. 🙂 Went back to Oxford St. the next day to buy some winter clothes and met Toni for a little more last-minute wedding shopping. Me = shopped out. Next day I met my friend Fiona for the day: uh-oh, more shopping. We mostly just wandered around Camden Market, Covent Garden and Harrod’s, looking for some sort of folk-art knick-knack chicken cause my weirdo parents collect them. Sorry mom and dad, I did my best, but there was no chicken to be had.

Next day Toni and I met my friends Himesh and Danny (from the safari in Kenya) for Thai food (oh, how I’ve missed you, Thai food) and drinks. It’s been great to catch up with everybody – strange to see them out of context, but great. Went off to the countryside on Thursday, and, as I said, here I sit on the couch. Ahh. We have to go out again tonight though to meet some of Toni’s friends. Too bad I have to change out of my jammies. Leaving on Monday, back to Michigan for Thanksgiving! Hooray turkey and Packers! So, all, that’s it. The end. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it, see you soon and peace out, homies. xxx



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *