BootsnAll Travel Network



The Story of My Life So Far

blucrush2.jpg

Hi, everyone! This is me, Becky, sitting at my desk at work last summer. I had a fine job with fine people, great friends, a full social calendar, a nice apartment and a generally cushy existence: Bo-ring! Wouldn’t it be more fun, I thought, to chuck it all and spend the equivalent of a house down payment on a 7-month, 17-country trip, starting April 18? Yes! Up until now, I’ve been a few places, I’ve seen a few things, but nothing like this. So I told the family and friends that I was pulling up stakes and hitting the road, and heard everything from “Wow, that’s awesome!” to “You’re spending HOW much money?” In fact, in response to the deluge of questions I’ve received regarding my trip, I’ve compiled a FAQ page. Look no further, dear readers, all your questions are answered below.



Tags:

8 responses to “The Story of My Life So Far”

  1. Sharon says:

    Please tell me that you have learned to say “I am deathly allergic to shellfish.” in multiple languages (or can at least act it out)! Or are you bringing and epi-pen? Please? For me?

  2. Dane says:

    So, you gave up what job to take this trip!?! You crazy!

  3. Todd says:

    Very cool trip, I wish you the best!

  4. C says:

    BIS

    So I am anxiously waiting to read about “The Story of Your Life” part 2. So start blogging…and I mean it. Or else I am getting out my M.A.Y.L. notebook.

  5. admin says:

    Uh oh, am I going on the mad-at list? Better get writing.

  6. C says:

    You have been redeemed.

  7. Katy says:

    I can’t wait to hear about the shark dive 🙂
    I’ve got some catching up to do on your blog, but I LOVE reading it!! Have a great time in Africa! … So Jealous, by the way.
    🙂 Safe Travels.
    – Katy

  8. Lorrie Oaks says:

    Becky!

    We began planing for IPSE with BioGaurd and it made me think of you! I just got caught up on your travels on your blog. I have to say I am sooo jealous! Execept for the half hour(s) hikes uphill and the leeches! I hope you are enjoying your time there!

    Take care,

    Lorrie Oaks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *