BootsnAll Travel Network



Gold Coast

After a day in the rainforest, I am now south of Brisbane in Byron Bay, a little beach town on the Gold Coast.

The Daintree Rainforest, aka the World Heritage Rainforest, was incredible. Everything is green, but in at least 20 different shades. It reminds me of 9th grade art class when you have to paint something using only one color and black and white. While crossing the river to get to the rainforest we spotted 5 crocodiles! One was a little hatchling, who looked so cute. But seeing as some dude was killed a few days ago by a croc, it was a bit scary. The nice person next to me kindly reminded me to not dangle my hands over the side. This rainforest is the oldest in the world and is extra special because it meets up with the reef. The entire drive is along the ocean with its turquoise blue waters. I spent some time swimming at Cape Tribulation before taking a little hike through the forest. The water is so fresh that you can drink right from the stream. So I did. It’s about 24 hours later and I don’t have dysentary or anything, so that’s cool. The water was definitely better than the Brita.

I waited the requisite 24 hours after diving to fly down to Brisbane. From there I took a bus to Byron Bay. It’s an old hippie town with tons of surfing and kayaking. I’m going kayaking tomorrow and hopefully will see dolphins along the way. Other than that, I’m planning on hanging at the beach and maybe doing a mountain biking trip in the rainforest.

Tonight there is a didgeridoo concert across the way, so I figure I’ll check that out.



Tags:

4 Responses to “Gold Coast”

  1. Mom Says:

    All your adventures have an exotic feel! Can’t wait to see all the pictures, and you.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Jessica Says:

    Ummm…since i’m unfamiliar with this whole blog thing i hope you actually get this 🙂 It sounds like you are having an awesome time down under! I hope you’re taking lots of pics so i can see some of the stuff you’re talking about. I miss you and can’t wait until you’re back in the states! keep enjoying yourself! luv jess.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. leigh anne Says:

    i’m so glad you’re having such a great time!!!! i miss australia. wasn’t the diving amazing? i can’t wait to see all of your pictures – but, of course, you’ll have to send them to me via e-mail (i just arrived in london). i miss you! leigh anne

  6. Julia Says:

    Oooh, a digeridoo concert! Those are wacky instruments; I would love to know what an entire concert sounds like. Glad to see you’re having so much fun and seeing so many cool things.

  7. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply