BootsnAll Travel Network



Top 5 Memories of my Bike Trip Thus Far (in no particular order, except for #1)

#5

Riding the 36 mile “Avenue of Giants” scenic road. Very light traffic, moderate grades, and coastal redwoods on either side. Just serene riding, taking a short hike, and camping later that night at Humboldt Redwoods State Park.

avenuegiants.jpg

#4

My two all-you-can buffets! Kings Table in Coos Bay and Chinese in Eureka. Definitely famished, I cleaned up and didn’t over-do it, despite plates and plates of food. I recently weighed myself and haven’t lost much weight, as I’m still hovering just over 150 pounds.

IMG_8609.JPG

#3

Globalfreeloading in Eureka and near Fort Bragg. Just fantastic people paying it forward with kindness, generosity and stories galore. The people I’ve met have definitely made this trip a blast.

gflbanner.jpg

#2

Waking up between 6-6:30am every morning, on the road by 8am, and taking the day to just enjoy our beautiful lands of the Western Coast. Browsing small towns and meeting locals. Stumbling upon other surprises like local farmer’s markets, watching a 4th of July Parade (where logging trucks are celebrated as floats), catching the rehearsals of the Mendocino Coastal Chamber Music festival, wandering through small art galleries, and discovering new coastal parks and towns that will warrant return visits in the future, maybe this time with a convertible car! (okay, after I win the lottery)

04_04_12-19 Los Padres.JPG

#1

Walking my bike through the artist “colony” of Sausolito (just north of the San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge), waiting for a table at a local cafe by the boardwalk, and then being seated next to Keira Knightley! She was on break from her filming schedule in the Bay Area, and she was intrigued with all my bike gear. We got to talking about my ride and my past few months, and I learned more about Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom and a bit about her as well. As she had an interview with the SF Chronicle scheduled for the afternoon, she had to go, but not before slipping me her digits and making me promise to call her once I reached Los Angeles. She does not live permenantly in LA, but does maintain a residence there and she said she’ll be around by the time I reach LA at the end of July. We agreed to do lunch, and I made her promise me that we’d go to In-N-Out Burger since I’ve been craving their burger, fries and milkshake for the longest time.

94745.jpg

Quick pic at the cafe in Sausolito.

So that’s the plan in a couple weeks time, I’ll let you know how that goes. So eat your words Monica, I told myself that I wasn’t going to spoil my happenstance encounter with Keira, but you just had to make some comments in a previous post didn’t ya, and now you see that I have met and will meet her again so HA! But please please please, don’t contact People magazine or those sleazy tabloids cause we’re just friends and I’ve already had my 15 minutes of fame when I caught Mark McGuire’s record-breaking home run baseball, but then gave it to a little boy because that’s just the kind of guy I am with my heart of gold for the lesser, unfortunate kids who never grew up with a radio controlled car, Atari 2600 or a banana seat bicycle.

That’s it for now, but before I go, Happy 30-something Birthday to M.C. DI, aka Mike “Perennial Kruunch Runner Up” Rohrig. If you have real estate needs, give him a ring or an email or check out his web site at http://www.mikecandoit.com/. He was a real asset when I needed to sell my home and helped me find my new one, and he’ll take the time to give you a hand with understanding the whole real estate process. A real good guy and I’m glad to call him one of my friends that I can beat up on the basketball court anytime I want. So Happy Birthday to ya bruttha!



Tags:

7 responses to “Top 5 Memories of my Bike Trip Thus Far (in no particular order, except for #1)”

  1. Mike says:

    Of course I played ball on my birthday. Scored welled but always score better when you are guarding. When you see Keira, let her know that I have a script and….

  2. Mon says:

    1 word for you:

    BULLS***

  3. Jonas says:

    The other day, I went to a carwash and to my surprise, Kirk Cameron was there scrubbing cars. I asked him what he was doing and he replied that he was studying for a movie role, a technique commonly known as method acting. He and I had a good laugh since there really was no movie and all that Growing Pains money was way gone.

    In retrospect, I don’t know if Kirk using a wet newspaper on my windshield at a busy intersection counts as a carwash.

  4. car ohio portsmouth used

    ha-rd-po-rn-fu-ck 3274352 Books about car ohio portsmouth used.

  5. salvage car auction

    ka-ka-sh-ka 3274352 Modern view of salvage car auction.

  6. generation long next root

    generation long next root foundation

  7. bartholomew consolidated corp school

    bartholomew consolidated corp school introduction

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *